Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Stays on a working dairy farm, 15 minutes’ drive from Shaftesbury
- On Cranbourne Chase’s edges; fishing lakes under 20 minutes' walk
- Afternoon teas and picnic hampers available (request in advance)
Dawdle through Duncliffe Woods in Dorset while on a trip away at Provost Farm – this rural spot is 10 minutes’ drive from the walking trails at this leafy green space (and are accessible on foot in an hour via trails leading from the park).
Fishing lakes and a pub are also within pottering distance (25 minutes’ walk), plus a couple of other inns are five minutes’ drive. For supermarkets, get to Gillingham (10 minutes) and grab goodies for grilling on the barbecue back on base.
When errands are done, head to historical Shaftesbury (15 minutes), which has a public outdoor lido if you fancy a dip and is your gateway to the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty). Alternatively, speed south to the beaches on the Jurassic Coast – Weymouth is an hour away.
Or just stick around on site… Guests can feed the pigs and order food hampers (in advance) to take on a riverside picnic just off the trailway or at the farm. Afternoon teas can be arranged as well, but please request these well ahead of time.
Open from 13/08/2020 to 31/10/2020
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent or trailer tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent or Trailer tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 8.0m width x 8.0m depth (26.2ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 64.0m² (688.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely view sat outside the tent
Very friendly and helpful, clean facilities.
A perfect back to basics, friendly farm settings with pristine views.
friendly family farm and great views
Open fires, tour of the milking & calves, enjoyed our …
Superb site with very friendly hosts.
Excellent site with clean facilities, helpful and friendly staff!
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Shaftesbury Coach Stop
— 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Henstridge (Somerset): Virginia Ash Coach Stop — 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Wincanton: Memorial Hall Coach Stop — 6.9 miles
- Train stations
Gillingham (Dorset) Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Templecombe Rail Station — 5.5 miles
5.5 miles Sherborne Rail Station — 10.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 23.3 miles
23.3 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 25.4 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 24.9 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Todber Manor Fishing Lakes: 20 minutes’ walk
- North Dorset Trailway (from Sturminster Newton): 10 minutes’ drive
- Duncliffe Woods: 10 minutes
- Shaftesbury (for the public outdoor lido): 15 minutes
- Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 15 minutes
- Hambledon Hill: 20 minutes
- Hodd Hill: 20 minutes
- Weymouth (Jurassic Coast beaches): an hour
- Durdle Door beach and arch: an hour and five minutes.
- Stourhead House and Garden (8.3 miles)
- Haynes International Motor Museum (12.1 miles)
- Longleat (13.7 miles)
- Stourhead (8.1 miles)
- Philipps House and Dinton Park (14.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11:30 a.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Provost Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Provost Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Provost Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Provost Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Provost Farm? Local attractions and activities include: - Todber Manor Fishing Lakes: 20 minutes’ walk - North Dorset Trailway (from Sturminster Newton): 10 minutes’ drive - Duncliffe Woods: 10 minutes - Shaftesbury (for the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Provost Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Provost Farm? From £50 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability