Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful rental tents in the Dorset village of Askerswell
- A 15-minute drive to West Bay; half an hour to Weymouth or Lyme Regis
- Pop-up site on a family sheep farm; pub a short walk away
Make your way to Medway Farm Glamping for a Dorset break that’s easily accessed from the A35 and has gorgeous views over the village of Askerswell and the wooded hillsides all around.
This pop-up site has been set up in a field on the edge of a family-run sheep farm about 10 miles west of Dorchester. It’s a fab spot for exploring the Dorset countryside and coastline, as it’s not far from the Jurassic Coast.
Top spots down on the coast include West Bay (15 minutes’ drive) and the scenic spots of Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove (45 minutes), plus the sandy beach and family attractions of Weymouth (half an hour). Bridport (10 minutes) is your closest decent-sized town, and it’s got a farmers’ market, a brewery and plenty of places to eat or buy supplies – plus a leisure centre with pool for rainy days.
Closer to home, you can get your walking shoes on for a stroll to Eggardon Hill Fort, a couple of miles away, or just wander down to the local pub in about 10 minutes.
Although this is a pop-up site, it's a rather well-equipped one with designated toilet, shower and washing-up facilities for each tent; you’re welcome to bring along a barbecue too if you’d like an alfresco cooking session.
Open from 15/07/2022 to 11/09/2022
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Max. persons: 4 x
Dimensions: 4.8m width x 3.3m length (15.7ft width x 10.8ft length) Calculated area: 15.8m² (170.5ft²)
The private facilities are a short walk away. They include toilet and shower, a washing up unit, and access to power supply.
These units have access to the fishing lake.
|Max. persons||4 x
4.8m width x 3.3m length
(15.7ft width x 10.8ft length)
Calculated area: 15.8m² (170.5ft²)
(1 x double bed, 2 x single airbed)
Bathroom (1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
|Please bring your own towels, bed linen, and cooking equipment.|
|Duvets and pillows|
|Car parking by pitch/unit|
|No dogs allowed|
|Bed linen not provided|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Extremely clean, peaceful site with wonderful views. Highly recommend
Everything was immaculate all round amazing place to stay :)
Would definitely recommend to friends and family. Wonderful stay
Defiantly needs to be booked great for family of 4 great beds
Perfect for a couple nights stay, could be improved with a shower
Lovely setting, easy access and very clean toilet.
Excellent site, great staff and facilities
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.5 miles
4.5 miles South Station — 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Marks and Spencer — 12.5 miles
- Train stations
Maiden Newton Rail Station
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Dorchester West Rail Station — 9.7 miles
9.7 miles Chetnole Rail Station — 9.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 12.8 miles
12.8 miles Poole Ferry Terminal — 29.3 miles
29.3 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 29.7 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 33.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Palmers Brewery: 10 minutes’ drive
- West Bay (location of the TV series Broadchurch): 15 minutes
- Abbotsbury Swannery and subtropical gardens: 20 minutes
- Mapperton House & Gardens: 20 minutes
- Lyme Regis: half an hour
- Weymouth (beach and Sea Life Centre): half an hour
- Sculpture By The Lakes: half an hour
- Athelhampton House & Gardens: half an hour.
- Mapperton House & Gardens (4.5 miles)
- Abbotsbury Swannery (5.9 miles)
- Hardy's Birthplace (11.9 miles)
- Max Gate (10.5 miles)
- Hardy's Cottage (11.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3:30 p.m. –||11 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Medway Farm Glamping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Medway Farm Glamping will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Medway Farm Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Medway Farm Glamping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Medway Farm Glamping? Local attractions and activities include: - Palmers Brewery: 10 minutes’ drive - West Bay (location of the TV series Broadchurch): 15 minutes - Abbotsbury Swannery and subtropical gardens: 20 minutes - Mapperton … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Medway Farm Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Medway Farm Glamping? From £100 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability