This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Rural site in Dorset overlooking open countryside by an old Roman road
- A quarter of an hour's drive from Maiden Castle and Abbotsbury
- Barbecues and dogs welcome; wheelchair-accessible facilities
Hardyes Countryside Camping is a pop-up site overlooking open Dorset countryside. Set in a convenient location just off the old Roman road that runs between Maiden Castle and Eggardon hillforts, this laidback spot has far-reaching views due south over the Hardy Monument and great access to several adjoining cross-country walking trails.
This small site has purpose-built toilets and showers, a washing-up area, a gas barbecue and microwave for cooking, and plenty of space available for pitching up; all facilities are wheelchair-accessible too. Hardyes Countryside Camping also welcomes well-behaved dogs throughout the camping season, and permits barbecues as long as you're sensible with them.
Hardyes Countryside Camping is about five miles to the west of Dorchester, where you'll come across a historic town centre, a railway station, supermarkets and a variety of interesting museums. The ancient hillfort at Maiden Castle (15 minutes' drive) is also within easy reach and is an excellent place to see sweeping views over the local countryside.
Hardyes Countryside Camping is also around a quarter of an hour's drive from the Jurassic Coast. Abbotsbury, an attractive village at the end of shingly Chesil Beach, is 20 minutes away, while it'll take you roughly 25 minutes to get to the golden sands and seafront amusements of Weymouth.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
5 Stars from me.
Excellent site, lovelu
Beautiful site, peaceful with gorgeous views. Toilets always clean
Excellent site with immaculate facilities, Chris was extremely welcoming and …
Excellent site with super friendly staff and clean facilities
Excellent site with clean facilities. Very welcoming and helpful.
Amazing little campsite will be back
Excellent site small and quite with space for children to play
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Marks and Spencer — 9.1 miles
9.1 miles Coach Station — 9.1 miles
- Train stations
Maiden Newton Rail Station
— 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Dorchester West Rail Station — 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Dorchester South Rail Station — 5.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 9.4 miles
9.4 miles Poole Ferry Terminal — 24.7 miles
24.7 miles Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 25.0 miles
Bournemouth International Airport
— 31.9 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Dorchester: 10 minutes' drive
- Maiden Castle: 15 minutes
- Abbotsbury: 20 minutes
- Cerne Abbas Giant: 20 minutes
- Weymouth: 25 minutes
- Lyme Regis: 30 minutes
- Lulworth Castle: 40 minutes
- Seaton Tramway: 50 minutes.
- Abbotsbury Swannery (5.0 miles)
- Hardy's Birthplace (7.2 miles)
- Mapperton House & Gardens (8.1 miles)
- Max Gate (5.9 miles)
- Hardy's Cottage (7.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8:30 a.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Hardyes Countryside Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Hardyes Countryside Camping on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hardyes Countryside Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hardyes Countryside Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hardyes Countryside Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Dorchester: 10 minutes' drive - Maiden Castle: 15 minutes - Abbotsbury: 20 minutes - Cerne Abbas Giant: 20 minutes - Weymouth: 25 minutes - Lyme Regis: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hardyes Countryside Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.