Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Semi-wild site on an eco fruit farm covering 62 acres of countryside
- Rural setting 25 minutes’ drive to Exeter and 20 to the Jurassic Coast
- Wildlife haven next to Woodbury Common for walks and birdwatching
Settle in at Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm for a simple, semi-wild camping experience on a site set in 62 acres of countryside on the edges of the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. As this place is a wildlife haven, guests share the space with roe deer, badgers, rabbits and field voles.
Keep your eyes peeled for birds as well as four-legged critters – buzzards, pheasants, house martins, swifts and swallows have all been spotted here too.
While you could spend days lying back in the field or wandering on Woodbury Common nearby, there’s much to do a little further afield as well. The park is 25 minutes’ drive from Exeter and its impressive cathedral, plus three excellent beaches – the sandy Exmouth and the pebbly Budleigh Salterton and Sidmouth – are accessible in around 20 minutes.
For more wildlife spotting, head to Dawlish Warren National Nature Reserve (35 minutes) or make tracks for the Wildwood Escot animal centre and Sidmouth Donkey sanctuary (15 and 20 minutes).
Portaloos and fresh drinking water are available on site.
Open from 01/08/2020 to 22/12/2020
Open from 02/01/2021 to 22/12/2021
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro) and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa.
Group bookings of 3 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Group bookings of 3 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
Single-sex bookings of 3 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
The site caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
At least one of the party members must be aged 25 or over.
Units heavier than 7500 Kilograms are not allowed.
Protective masks must be worn at all times in common areas.
Minimum spacing of 2 metres between pitches.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Bookings must not consist of more than 2 different households.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Touring caravan or Trailer tent or Tent or Motorhome or Campervan allowed per pitch
Pitch size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Nice spot to spend a few days exploring nearby Woodbury …
Beautiful tranquil break, semi wild camping, dog friendly
Loved how spaced out the pitches were. Pete who runs …
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Exeter: Airport Terminal Bus Stop
— 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Lympstone: Marine Estate Bus Stop — 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Exeter: M5 Motorway Services Coach Stop — 4.7 miles
- Train stations
Exton Rail Station
— 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Lympstone Commando Rail Station — 4.1 miles
4.1 miles Lympstone Village Rail Station — 4.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing
— 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Topsham Ferry Landing — 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 4.7 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 3.4 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Woodbury Golf Club: five minutes’ drive
- Crealy Theme Park & Resort: 10 minutes
- Bicton Arena (equestrian facility): 10 minutes
- Wildwood Escot (wildlife sanctuary): 15 minutes
- The Donkey Sanctuary (in Sidmouth): 20 minutes
- Exmouth beach: 20 minutes
- Budleigh Salterton beach: 20 minutes
- Ladram bay: 20 minutes
- Exeter Cathedral: 25 minutes
- Dawlish Warren National Nature Reserve: 35 minutes.
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (2.4 miles)
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (5.3 miles)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (7.5 miles)
- A la Ronde (4.0 miles)
- Killerton: Marker's Cottage (6.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Please close the farm gate after you enter, reception is on the right in the courtyard.
Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm? Local attractions and activities include: - Woodbury Golf Club: five minutes’ drive - Crealy Theme Park & Resort: 10 minutes - Bicton Arena (equestrian facility): 10 minutes - Wildwood Escot (wildlife sanctuary): … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
Please close the farm gate after you enter, reception is on the right in the courtyard.Read more
- How much does it cost to stay at Sunnyhaye Fruit Farm? From £30 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability