This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wild camping site in a rural setting on an organic farm
- Just outside Kenn village and eight miles from the beach at Dawlish
- Within 15 minutes' drive of both Exeter and Dartmoor National Park
Green fields, leafy vistas and not too many other guests to share your space with… Bliss, no? Settle in for peaceful stays in pretty Devon countryside at Bickham Barn, a small family-friendly wild camping site five minutes’ drive from the village of Kenn and 15 minutes from Exeter.
The site on Roddy and Ruth’s organic farm is a top choice for a rural getaway, five minutes from the walking trails, discovery trails and biking trails at Haldon Forest Park (where bikes are rentable if bringing yours along doesn’t suit), and 15 minutes from rambles among the famed ponies of Dartmoor National Park. The area’s also crisscrossed with scenic cycle paths connecting pretty villages and taking in views over the Exe estuary.
Aquatic types should be best pleased by proximity to plenty of long sandy stretches, where strolls and swims are enticingly easy. The nearest beaches are 15 minutes away at Teignmouth and 20 minutes from base at Dawlish, but a slightly lengthier jaunt as far as Exmouth (25 minutes) will put diving, windsurfing and sailing within reach too.
When hunger builds, pick up supplies from the grocery store 10 minutes away and get to work at the barbecue. In wetter weather make a beeline for the barn (if it’s available), where a shared kitchen and a bar are on hand for guests’ use, or head into Kenn where a cosy pub serves food daily.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Opposite Rail Station — 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Bus Station — 5.3 miles
- Train stations
Topsham Rail Station
— 4.1 miles
4.1 miles Starcross Rail Station — 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Exton Rail Station — 4.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Turf Lock Inn Ferry Landing
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Topsham Ferry Landing — 3.8 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 7.7 miles
Do not follow SatNav.
Come into the village of Kenn and take the first right signposted Rollestone Farm. Follow this road up a hill past a 'Dead End' sign; the site is the second turning on the right after the sign. Come through the farm and someone will be around to help you.
Urban explores hereabouts should start with a jaunt into Exeter, 15 minutes’ drive from the site. The city has lots to entice, from museums and gardens to a cathedral and underground vaulted tunnel tours. If there’s only time for one or two things, make them trips to the Bill Douglas Cinema Museum and the Royal Albert Memorial Museum.
Does that excite a taste for the past? There’s plenty else nearby that should appeal… The site’s within easy reach of more than a handful of old stately piles and historical spots, starting with the spectacular Powderham Castle, 15 minutes away, and taking in Buckfast Abbey and the intriguing 16-sided 18th-century A la Ronde (20 minutes' drive), Killerton House and the looming Compton Castle (25 minutes), or Kent’s Cavern Prehistoric Caves (half an hour away in Torquay).
For a taste of the distant past, and some nature-filled days, it's a 25 minute-drive to the start of the famed Jurassic Coast, 96 miles of fossil-filled coastline spanning 185 million years of history. Return to modern times, then, with visits to present-day creatures at Paignton Zoo and Dartmoor Zoo, both within 40 minutes of base, or at Buckfast Butterfly Farm and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary, 20 minutes away.
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (5.1 miles)
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (6.7 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (10.4 miles)
- A la Ronde (5.8 miles)
- Killerton: Clyston Mill (8.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Bickham Barn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bickham Barn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bickham Barn? Urban explores hereabouts should start with a jaunt into Exeter, 15 minutes’ drive from the site. The city has lots to entice, from museums and gardens to a cathedral and underground vaulted … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bickham Barn?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.
Once you have arrived please wait by the agricultural farm building and either call the owner or wait for someone to show you your pitch.Read more