Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Luxury bell tent on a secluded Devon alpaca farm with moorland views
- A 20-minute drive to Exmoor National Park, and 45 minutes to Dartmoor
- Outdoor kitchen, yoga and a woodfired bath, close to pubs and beaches
Rosebud Ranch bell tent is tucked away on an eco-friendly alpaca farm, sitting between Dartmoor and Exmoor in Devon. This adults-only spot is smashing for couples looking for romantic getaways, and it’s within easy reach of spectacular beaches and moorland.
But that’s not all. Far from it, in fact. This 13-acres site is also home to alpacas, sheep, horses, hens and bees, plus a dog and two cats, and the bell tent stands right next to the mum-and-baby alpaca paddocks, so the cria (baby alpacas) can keep you entertained as they play zoomies in the evenings.
The adjoining woods are home to deer, owls, foxes, bats and birds of prey, with pheasants and hares milling around in the daytime. This is a dark-sky area with amazing sunsets and star-filled skies after dark – it gets pitch black so a torch is essential.
Besides being a working farm, this is also a wellbeing retreat, and you can book into Alpaca yoga (booking required before arrival) or some time with the site's halter-trained alpacas; if that’s too adventurous, then try taking an outdoor, woodfired bath at sunset – you can watch the alpacas graze from the comfort of a relaxing hot soak.
You can pick up barbecue bits and bobs for the barbecue in South Molton (10 minutes’ drive) and there are a couple of country pubs with a 20-minute walk for a taste of Devon cider and excellent food.
Open from 01/04/2023 to 31/10/2023
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Dakota bell tent
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 4.0m width x 4.0m length (13.1ft width x 13.1ft length) Calculated area: 16.0m² (172.2ft²)
The wood-fired bath is located outdoors.
|Max. persons||2 x
4.0m width x 4.0m length
(13.1ft width x 13.1ft length)
Calculated area: 16.0m² (172.2ft²)
(1 x double bed)
|No toilets in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No showers on site.|
|Please bring your own towels.|
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Dry toilet / eco toilet|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Lovely peaceful place to relax and unwind
Fantastic experience, friendly hosts and great facilities.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles The Square — 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Bus Station — 11.3 miles
- Train stations
Kings Nympton Rail Station
— 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Portsmouth Arms Rail Station — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Umberleigh Rail Station — 5.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Instow Ferry Landing
— 15.0 miles
15.0 miles Bideford Ferry Landing — 15.3 miles
15.3 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 15.4 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 25.6 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Horse riding: five minutes’ walk
- Quince Honey Farm: 10 minutes' drive
- South Molton (swimming pool, museum): 10 minutes
- Fishing: 15 minutes
- Golf: 15 minutes
- Exmoor National Park: 20 minutes
- Exmoor Zoo: 30 minutes
- RHS Garden Rosemoor: 35 minutes
- Westward Ho! beach: 45 minutes
- Dartmoor National Park: 45 minutes
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (12.1 miles)
- Castle Drogo (19.1 miles)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (21.6 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (13.2 miles)
- Finch Foundry (16.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Rosebud Ranch cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Rosebud Ranch will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Rosebud Ranch have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rosebud Ranch dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Rosebud Ranch? Local attractions and activities include: - Horse riding: five minutes’ walk - Quince Honey Farm: 10 minutes' drive - South Molton (swimming pool, museum): 10 minutes - Fishing: 15 minutes - Golf: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rosebud Ranch?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Rosebud Ranch? From £70 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability
Fantastic photos! It was a pleasure to meet you both!