This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to nature stays on a family-friendly site with campfires allowed
- A 10-minute drive from Woolacombe and Ilfracombe beaches
- In scenic countryside on an eight-acre smallholding
Devon beaches? Sorted. Strawfields is a small countryside site set on an eight-acre smallholding close to Woolacombe beach and Ilfracombe's Tunnels, a five-minute drive from the well-stocked village shop and friendly local pub of West Down.
This is a place for back to nature stays with open fires and spacious pitches separated by long grass: there's a stream and three fields to explore, and a public footpath running directly behind the site if you fancy the mile's scenic walk into West Down village, where there's a pub and small general store.
There's heaps to do in the immediate local area, with a surf school nearby and canoeing/kayaking, watersports, sailing, fishing, horse riding, climbing, mountain biking and more all available. Strawfields is also close to the sandy beaches, coves and rockpools of Ilfracombe and Woolacombe where you can take long beach walks or go bodyboarding, dune sledging and coasteering.
Amenities include toilets and hot showers, as well as a drying room and a washing-up area with a view.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Facilities clean, quiet location, convenient for surrounding beaches
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Opposite George Hotel — 4.8 miles
4.8 miles George Hotel — 4.9 miles
- Train stations
Barnstaple Rail Station
— 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 10.7 miles
10.7 miles Umberleigh Rail Station — 12.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Ilfracombe Ferry Landing
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 8.7 miles
8.7 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 8.7 miles
— 30.3 miles
Surf's up almost everywhere round here, and even when it isn't, an abundance of beaches broad and sandy, rocky and secluded, safe and wild are all around: it's a 10-minute trip from the site to Woolacombe Sands and Tunnels beaches, and around 20 minutes to Lee Bay and Croyde Bay.
If you prefer exploring on foot or bike, you're well placed to join the Tarka Trail, a 32-mile nature route passing through the locations in Henry Williamson's famed novel, or the 105-mile Dartmoor-to-Plymouth challenge of the Devon Coast-to-Coast. Head down into Bideford (half an hour) and catch a boat out to Lundy Island, for spotting seals and puffins and walking through a protected Atlantic wilderness.
For further encounters with nature, a mix of live and animated beasts is at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park (15 minutes) and a pair of rare black leopards are among the attractions at Exmoor Zoo (20 minutes). Half an hour away, The Big Sheep is perhaps the world's only sheep-themed amusement and farm park, while the Milky Way (45 minutes) combines thrill rides and slides with birds of prey shows. The North Devon AquaPark and WakePark is right next door to the Milky Way, for all manner of watery antics at speed.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (15.4 miles)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (5.0 miles)
- Heddon Valley (8.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Strawfields Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Strawfields Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Strawfields Campsite? Surf's up almost everywhere round here, and even when it isn't, an abundance of beaches broad and sandy, rocky and secluded, safe and wild are all around: it's a 10-minute trip from … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Strawfields Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.