This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Tents-only, wild-style campsite in a private Devon woodland
- A 15-minute drive from Teignmouth and the coast; 20 minutes to Exeter
- Individual firepits, chef-staffed woodland kitchen and foraging walks
Pitch up in a peaceful woodland clearing near the south coast of Devon and treat yourself to spectacular views across the Ashcombe Valley.
Several beaches in nearby Teignmouth and Dawlish can be reached in under 20 minutes by car, plus you'll have access to chef-cooked meals from the site's woodland kitchen (please check in advance for opening times) and foraging walks to help you get closer to the local landscape. If you don't want to bring food, ask in advance for a local meat and vegetable delivery.
Ashcombe Woodland Campsite has well-maintained basic facilities including shared toilets and a washing-up space. There are also individual firepits provided for guests who like a bit of outdoor grilling, or you can bring your own barbecue. Off-road parking is available a short distance away from the pitches, which are surrounded by footpaths that you can follow through leafy woodlands. You'd also do well to bring bikes here for cycles down to the sea or around nearby Haldon Forest Park (15 minutes).
Two miles away, Ashcombe Adventure Centre has a wide range of activities you can get stuck into, including a huge clay pigeon area, off-road quad bikes, archery and paintball. Not much further afield you have Exeter (20 minutes) for shopping, sightseeing and exploring Devon's most visit-worthy urban corners.
Ashcombe Woodland Campsite operates on a leave-no-trace basis, so please take all your rubbish home with you.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
This was my first time camping with children aged 10 …
Great camp site in lovely woods
Just how back to nature this place is. My kids …
Proper wild camping toilets are cleaned often friendly owner
Going back next year, God willing.
Just a beautiful place we’ve booked again!
Basic facilites in a woodland.... a great camping experience.
Ralph What happened to the logs you normally supply
Peaceful beautiful site, basic but clean facilities, level pitches.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
No cash accepted on site
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.2 miles
3.2 miles The Green — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Opposite Rail Station — 3.8 miles
- Train stations
Dawlish Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Dawlish Warren Rail Station — 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Starcross Rail Station — 3.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Starcross Ferry Landing
— 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Exmouth Ferry Landing — 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Teignmouth Ferry Landing — 4.6 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 9.9 miles
The site is at the top of the hill – look for an access gate on the left. Parking is in the field on the right.
Local attractions and activities include:
- Ashcombe Adventure Centre: five minutes' drive
- Ashcombe Village Club (bar): five minutes
- Teignmouth: 15 minutes
- Haldon Forest Park: 15 minutes
- Dawlish: 15 minutes
- Dartmoor Whisky Distillery: 20 minutes
- Dartmoor National Park: from 20 minutes
- Canonteign Falls: 20 minutes
- Exeter Cathedral: 20 minutes
- iBounce Trampoline Park: 20 minutes
- Powderham Castle: 20 minutes
- Clip n Climb Exeter: 20 minutes.
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (8.1 miles)
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (8.5 miles)
- Living Coasts (10.2 miles)
- A la Ronde (5.9 miles)
- Compton Castle (9.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Ashcombe Woodland Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ashcombe Woodland Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ashcombe Woodland Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Ashcombe Adventure Centre: five minutes' drive - Ashcombe Village Club (bar): five minutes - Teignmouth: 15 minutes - Haldon Forest Park: 15 minutes - Dawlish: 15 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ashcombe Woodland Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.