This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Dark skies camping in a scenic forest setting and permaculture site
- Pubs and takeaways within a few miles; Dartmoor and Bude within 16
- Nursery and fruit and veg sales; permaculture workshops available
If simple, serene and scenic times are top of your south-west holiday wishlist – with an added helping of getting to thoroughly know your surroundings – Devon's Wishtree is the one for you.
This rural wildlife haven five miles from Beaworthy is part of an off-grid permaculture project, where guests are very welcome to join in with activities and learn about Wishtree's social enterprise approach. Foraging walks and site tours are available if you want to learn more, along with permaculture workshops and info on request.
Pitches at Wishtree are all secluded, set well away from each other to give a wild camping vibe across the entire site. Open fires are allowed and this is a stargazing haven where shooting stars frequently streak across the sky, so do set aside at least an evening or two to idle away under the Devon sky...
Firewood is available to buy on site. Several pubs, takeaways and a social enterprise café are within six miles of the site; ask for details on arrival.
Finally, as it's rural Devon, some of the paths around the site can get a tad muddy in wet weather, so do bring along your wellies as well as your cosy wet weather gear.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 10.3 miles
10.3 miles Bideford Quay — 14.0 miles
14.0 miles Bideford Quay — 14.0 miles
- Train stations
Okehampton Rail Station
— 10.8 miles
10.8 miles Sampford Courtenay Rail Station — 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Portsmouth Arms Rail Station — 14.7 miles
- Ferry ports
Bideford Ferry Landing
— 14.0 miles
14.0 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 16.3 miles
16.3 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 16.4 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 35.0 miles
The site is on the junction of Kinsgmoor Cross, towards Halwill. If you arrive at Brandis Corner going towards Bude, you have gone too far. If you arrive at Highampton towards Hatherleigh or Okehampton, you have passed Wishtree Agroforestry and Permaculture Centre. You will recognise the entrance to Wishtree by the produce stall just outside the gate.
Accessible walks and bike rides are just outside the site, including the Ruby Way cycle route which passes the grounds. Nature reserves, woodland walks and archery are all within a three-mile walk; also recommended is the walk to Brandis Corner, two miles away, and the four-mile hike to Halwill Junction, via Kingslake for a cream tea by the water.
History and horse fans as well as theatre buffs can dig into the War Horse story 10 miles away at the War Horse Valley Country Farm Park, where there's a musuem on World War I as well as a valley park and tearoom. Somewhat further back in time, the ruins of 11th-century Okehampton Castle are 14 miles away.
For seaside and coast, Wishtree is 16 miles from Bude, 20 from Clovelly and Westward Ho!, and 30 from Tintagel and Boscastle. Exeter and Plymouth are 40 and 45 miles away.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (9.2 miles)
- Castle Drogo (19.1 miles)
- Tintagel Castle (26.4 miles)
- Lydford Gorge (12.7 miles)
- Finch Foundry (13.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Wishtree Agroforestry and Permaculture Centre have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wishtree Agroforestry and Permaculture Centre dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Wishtree Agroforestry and Permaculture Centre? Accessible walks and bike rides are just outside the site, including the Ruby Way cycle route which passes the grounds. Nature reserves, woodland walks and archery are all within a three-mile walk; … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wishtree Agroforestry and Permaculture Centre?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.