This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Cosy cabin in the countryside, two miles from the Cornwall coast
- A 10-minute drive from Bude; close to the National Cycle Route
- Secluded spot with lovely south-facing views; firepit provided
Uncle Tom’s Cabin is a cosy cabin in the north Cornwall countryside, 10 minutes’ drive from Bude and slightly less than that from the gorgeous Widemouth Bay.
The cabin itself, built from locally sourced wood, sleeps two; there’s a tent pitch space just outside for folk who’d like to bring along a slightly larger party. It’s a characterful place with a slatted bed that pulls out to form a double bed – mattresses are provided but you’ll need to bring everything else along with you. The door opens out onto a verandah that’s a cracking spot to sit and take in the lovely south-facing views.
A compost toilet is a short walk away, and there’s also a firepit provided (the folk on site say they reckon that a campfire is an essential part of such a stay, and they’ve got firewood available up the farmyard to help that along).
If you’re after peace and quiet, this is the place to be – the cabin is in a secluded spot within 16 acres of former agricultural land that’s in the early stages of being returned to a more natural state. With a stay here you’ll be contributing to that rewilding process, as profits all go towards offsetting the loss of income that comes with transforming ex-agricultural land.
This would be a fine spot for those seeking to do not much at all on their break; if you do want to get out, there are plenty of lanes for walks and bike rides nearby, and places to go fishing, birdwatching or canoeing. The National Cycle Route 3 passes less than half a mile away, and Bodmin Moor is about 10 miles away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Warm and welcoming host who accommodated our needs. A great stay!
This was an absolute gem of a stay. You have …
Excellent location and facilities, very helpful and friendly owner
Different luxury camping 🏕
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Bideford Quay — 20.6 miles
20.6 miles Bideford Quay — 20.6 miles
- Train stations
Gunnislake Rail Station
— 21.9 miles
21.9 miles Okehampton Rail Station — 21.9 miles
21.9 miles Liskeard Rail Station — 23.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Bideford Ferry Landing
— 20.6 miles
20.6 miles Appledore Ferry Landing — 22.9 miles
22.9 miles Instow Ferry Landing — 23.0 miles
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 32.4 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Widemouth Bay: five minutes’ drive
- Bude (beaches, saltwater pool and surf schools): 10 minutes
- Tamar Otter & Wildlife centre: 15 minutes
- Launceston Steam Railway: 25 minutes
- Bodmin Moor: half an hour
- Tintagel Castle: half an hour
- The Gnome Reserve and Wildflower Garden: half an hour
- Clovelly (traditional fishing village): 35 minutes
- Pencarrow House & Garden: 40 minutes
- Dartmoor National Park: 45 minutes.
- Tintagel Castle (14.2 miles)
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (19.0 miles)
- Rock Beach (25.0 miles)
- Lawrence House (11.4 miles)
- Tintagel Old Post Office (14.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Uncle Tom's Cabin have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Uncle Tom's Cabin dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Uncle Tom's Cabin? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Widemouth Bay: five minutes’ drive - Bude (beaches, saltwater pool and surf schools): 10 minutes - Tamar Otter & Wildlife centre: 15 minutes - Launceston Steam … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.