This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Quiet dog-friendly farm site just off the South West Coast Path
- A 20-minute walk from Portreath beach, watersports and amenities
- Refreshing cold shower; drinking water points; barbecues permitted
Make base just off the South West Coast Path… on the clifftop above Portreath, this roomy Cornwall farm site takes the seaside seriously – here, you’ll be well-based for watersports down at Portreath’s popular beach, 20 minutes' walk away, or climbing down to the sheltered cove below Lighthouse Hill, a short walk away.
With the Atlantic ocean in front of the site and the coastal path directly accessible, this site is blessed with some splendid sunsets. It’s a pretty laidback space with a roomy field, barbecues permitted and convenient facilities including toilets, a refreshing cold shower, recycling point, dishwashing sink and two water points to collect what you need for drinking or rinsing off the sand from the beach.
The place is dog-friendly too, so your canine buddy can take part in capers across the coastal path – the path goes towards other Cornwall beaches or you may fast-track your route by going onto the A30, 10 minutes’ drive away and the main trunk in Cornwall to get about.
Those of you with little ones may also be happy to find there’s a children’s playground in the village. Of course, Portreath has plenty of places to stop for a bite to eat too, including two pubs, takeaways, a local shop and a bakery.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Lovely site, beautiful area and plenty to do in the area
Definitely be coming back
Nice views at top. Large camping area so could pitch …
The view of the campsite was stunning. Also It was …
Great location, plenty of space, nice basic campsite
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
— 2.6 miles
2.6 miles Cornwall College — 2.6 miles
2.6 miles Alma Place — 3.3 miles
- Train stations
Redruth Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Camborne Rail Station — 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Hayle Rail Station — 8.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Ponsharden Ferry Landing
— 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Flushing Falmouth Ferry Landing — 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Trelisick Ferry Landing — 11.8 miles
— 14.0 miles
14.0 miles Newquay St Mawgan Airport — 17.7 miles
17.7 miles Land's End St Just Airport — 20.4 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Lighthouse Hill (coastal viewpoint): under five minutes’ walk
- South West Coast Path: under five minutes
- Portreath harbour (cycle hire for the coast-to-coast Bissoe Trail): 20 minutes
- Tehidy Woods (circular walking trail): 15 minutes’ drive
- Healey's Cornish Cyder Farm (tours and sampling): 20 minutes
- Wheal Coates (mining landscape with cliffside ruins and a tin mining walk): 20 minutes
- St Agnes Head (National Trust coastal area): 25 minutes
- Lappa Valley (steam train and play areas): 35 minutes.
- Cornwall Industrial Discovery Centre (2.6 miles)
- Tate St Ives (9.4 miles)
- Truro Cathedral (10.3 miles)
- Cornish Mines and Engines (2.7 miles)
- Godrevy (5.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Portreath Lighthouse Hill Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Portreath Lighthouse Hill Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Portreath Lighthouse Hill Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Portreath Lighthouse Hill Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Portreath Lighthouse Hill Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Lighthouse Hill (coastal viewpoint): under five minutes’ walk - South West Coast Path: under five minutes - Portreath harbour (cycle hire for the coast-to-coast Bissoe Trail): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Portreath Lighthouse Hill Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime