This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small, family-run site in the Cornish countryside
- A mile and a half from the Helford river; Lizard 20 minutes' drive
- Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Gear Farm is a small, family-run site and a top location for a peaceful camping holiday. Set in the remote Cornish countryside, the site is a paradise for walkers, fans of the outdoors and those keen to try watersports.
This pet-friendly organic farm is located about a mile and a half from the Helford river and is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, so there are many scenic spots to explore all around. Back at base, there is plenty of space for you and your family to roam around and play games. The site is open and flat, so you can rest assured that the kids will be in sight at all times.
Stunning sandy beaches are only 20 minutes away by car, and a choice of supermarkets is available in the medium-sized town of Helston (15 minutes). There is also a village shop a five-minute drive away in Mawgan, as well as a seasonal farm shop for fresh produce. Gear Farm also produces its own line of tasty traditional Cornish pasties if you fancy a hot bite to eat on site.
Open from 01/08/2023 to 29/08/2023
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Would recommend, friendly and incredibly well provisioned small site.
Lovely, short stay. Beautiful area and nice campsite. Will return.
Lovely lady greeted us when we arrived, good atmosphere with …
Quiet site, good facilities, great location.
Setting, cleanliness, facilities.
Amazing quiet site with good clean facilities and large pitches.
Excellent site with plenty of space and an extremely friendly owner
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Blue Anchor — 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Rame Cross — 5.6 miles
- Train stations
Penmere Rail Station
— 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Penryn Rail Station — 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Falmouth Town Rail Station — 7.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Helford Village Ferry Landing
— 2.5 miles
2.5 miles Helford Passage Ferry Landing — 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Ponsharden Ferry Landing — 7.2 miles
— 15.2 miles
15.2 miles Land's End St Just Airport — 21.5 miles
21.5 miles Newquay St Mawgan Airport — 26.5 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Helford river: 30 minutes' walk
- Cornish Seal Sanctuary: 10 minutes' drive
- Flambards Theme Park: 15 minutes
- Lizard Point: 20 minutes
- Trebah Garden: 25 minutes
- Falmouth: 35 minutes
- Mousehole: 40 minutes
- Eden Project: an hour and 10 minutes.
- National Seal Sanctuary (1.3 miles)
- Trebah Garden (3.3 miles)
- Flambards (3.4 miles)
- Glendurgan Garden (3.3 miles)
- Penrose Estate: Gunwalloe and Loe Pool (5.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
Gear Farm Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 3 days of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Gear Farm Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Gear Farm Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gear Farm Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gear Farm Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Helford river: 30 minutes' walk - Cornish Seal Sanctuary: 10 minutes' drive - Flambards Theme Park: 15 minutes - Lizard Point: 20 minutes - Trebah Garden: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gear Farm Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.