This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small dog-friendly site one mile from the St. Ives Bay coastline
- A 25-minute walk from three miles of golden-sand surfing beaches
- Clubhouse on site; kitchen open for breakfast and some evening meals
Time to get stuck into the Cornish surf and St Ives’ arts scene? All aboard for Hayle Rugby Club Campsite, a small site just a mile from the St Ives Bay coastline. Setting down 25 minutes’ walk from three miles of golden-sand surfing beaches will surely please those looking to master the Cornwall waves, explore the dunes and wildlife or set about some sandcastle building.
Just off the main A30 road, accessing beaches, towns and the surf is all rather straightforward. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the site, along with pubs, shops and bus stops (to access other local spots and areas all around the Cornish coast). St Michael’s Mount is 20 minutes’ drive away, by the way.
Hayle Rugby Club Campsite has nine acres of land with limited access, set up for simple tents-only camping. The site’s shared with the RFC, who have a great dog-friendly clubhouse (grab a drink there) and a seating area (a prime spot for sunset). On-site facilities include toilets, showers, washing-up facilities and a tap for running water. The hot unisex showers are available from 8am to 10am and then 4pm to 6pm.
Breakfast is available 8am until 10.30am daily. Take a note: pie night is on Wednesdays, barbecue night is on Fridays and roast dinner is on Sundays. There’s also a takeaway van on site Wednesday through to Sunday evenings from 5pm to 9pm.
There’s also a bus stop within 50 metres of the site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amazing site, clean facilities, level pitches, great food, Great Host
Friendly staff, if you want an affordable site then this is great
Wonderful stay, would stay again
Friendly and helpful staff,
Got my money’s worth, easy travel for central & mid Cornwall
Lovely place, excellent staff, great location, clean facilities
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 0.9 miles
0.9 miles War Memorial — 0.9 miles
0.9 miles Viaduct — 1.2 miles
- Train stations
Hayle Rail Station
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Lelant Rail Station — 1.8 miles
1.8 miles Lelant Saltings Rail Station — 2.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Penzance Ferry Terminal
— 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Helford Village Ferry Landing — 13.7 miles
13.7 miles Helford Passage Ferry Landing — 13.7 miles
— 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Land's End St Just Airport — 13.6 miles
13.6 miles Newquay St Mawgan Airport — 24.6 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- St Ives (art galleries, boat trips and surfing): 15 minutes’ drive
- Godrevy Lighthouse: 15 minutes
- St Michael's Mount (historic castle on a tidal island): 20 minutes
- Flambards Theme Park: 25 minutes
- Land's End (walks and visitor attractions): 45 minutes
- The Minack Theatre (clifftop open-air theatre): 50 minutes.
- Tate St Ives (3.9 miles)
- Cornwall Industrial Discovery Centre (6.3 miles)
- St Michael's Mount (6.4 miles)
- Godrevy (2.4 miles)
- Godolphin (4.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Hayle Rugby Club Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hayle Rugby Club Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkApple Pay
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hayle Rugby Club Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hayle Rugby Club Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hayle Rugby Club Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - St Ives (art galleries, boat trips and surfing): 15 minutes’ drive - Godrevy Lighthouse: 15 minutes - St Michael's Mount (historic castle on a tidal island): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hayle Rugby Club Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.