This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Scenic family-run farm site in the North York Moors National Park
- A 10-minute drive from Runswick Bay; 20 minutes from Whitby
- Stand selling fresh produce; walking and cycling routes nearby
From setting sail from a local harbour and paddling down at the beach to riding steam trains and wandering round abbey ruins, you’ll be able to mix and match your activities on and off the North Yorkshire shores at Woodhill Camping. This family-run site is part of a working livestock and arable farm in the North York Moors National Park, 10 minutes’ drive away from Runswick Bay and 20 minutes from Whitby.
The site has a few specialities. The first its stand selling fresh farm produce including eggs, plants and vegetables… and the second, well, that's the rather sublime views of the moors, hills and dales. While it may be half a mile from the A171 (a convenient link to the surrounding attractions), there are many relaxing walking and cycling routes surrounding the site too.
Cool ice cream or seafood specialties on your brain? Well, the site is well-positioned to muck into some more tasty local produce. Lealholm village is five minutes’ drive away, where there’s a café, pub and village shop (not forgetting the stepping stones) and there are several more pubs within 10 minutes’ drive of the site.
If you accumulate any dirty tupperware from your adventures out and about, then there’s a handy dishwashing area on site. Other facilities include portaloos.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great views, clean site. Good location for local visits.
I liked the setting, the atmosphere, the chickens wandering around, …
Excellent site - fire pits for hire great touch. Clean toilets. Nice
Excellent for a camping trip, all pitches are brilliant and spacious
Excellent site with clean facilities, easy access and level pitches.
Was a lovely site , by a farm, lots of …
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
I liked how open and spacious the pitches were. Plenty …
Hand sanitising stations
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.5 miles
7.5 miles The Royal Oak — 16.2 miles
16.2 miles Sunday School — 17.3 miles
- Train stations
Lealholm Rail Station
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Glaisdale Rail Station — 2.6 miles
2.6 miles Egton Rail Station — 3.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge North Side
— 18.6 miles
18.6 miles Transporter Bridge South Side — 18.7 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 25.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Runswick Bay (scenic beach with swimming, surfing and fishing): 10 minutes’ drive
- Sandsend beach (sandy beach with rockpools and sailing): 15 minutes
- Staithes beach (small sandy beach with good fishing): 15 minutes
- Whitby (beach town with a steam railway, indoor pool, abbey ruins, boat trips and cafés and restaurants): 20 minutes
- Pickering (steam railway, museum, shops and cafés): 40 minutes
- Flamingo Land Resort (theme park and zoo): 40 minutes
- Scarborough (beaches, outdoor water park, cafés, shops and restaurants): 45 minutes
- Malton (market town known as Yorkshire’s food capital): 50 minutes
- Eden Camp Modern History Museum (World War II modern history museum): 50 minutes.
- The Moors National Park Centre (3.9 miles)
- Whitby Abbey (7.7 miles)
- Dalby Forest Visitor Centre (14.7 miles)
- Yorkshire Coast (13.5 miles)
- Bridestones, Crosscliff and Blakey Topping (13.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||9:30 a.m. –||7:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||12 p.m.|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||7:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Woodhill Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 5 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 5 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Woodhill Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Woodhill Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodhill Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodhill Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Runswick Bay (scenic beach with swimming, surfing and fishing): 10 minutes’ drive - Sandsend beach (sandy beach with rockpools and sailing): 15 minutes - Staithes beach … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woodhill Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.