This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Cosy static caravan on a working farm a mile from Thornton-le-Dale
- On the edge of Dalby Forest; half an hour to Scarborough or Whitby
- Bed linen, barbecue and welcome pack of local food provided
Hidden in a beautiful valley full of wildlife and walks our caravan offers you the chance to unwind and relax with nature.With limited mobile service and no WiFi you can unplug from the outside world and hideaway. It really is a place where time stands still. Take a gentle stroll alongside the babbling beck into Thornton dale for an ice cream or bring your walking boots and explore Dalby Forest at your leisure. At night our dark skies are perfect for those who like to star gaze and relax in peace.
Our caravan has an open plan kitchen, dining area and cosy living room. The kitchen has an oven, microwave, fridge and everything you would need for home-cooking.
We offer a welcome pack on the first day of your arrival so as soon as you arrive you can put your feet up and the kettle on. Our welcome pack includes farmhouse bread, locally sourced sausages and bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, tomatoes, fresh eggs laid by our own hens, fresh fruit juice, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, cake and a box of chocolates. There is parking directly outside the caravan and a BBQ for your use with a complimentary bag of logs.
The caravan is heated by central heating and all gas, water and electricity is included. All bed linen is provided as well as towels for the shower room
The perfect place to switch off from the outside world, offering its own outside space where our runner ducks paddle in the stream close by. Our fields are home to our farm animals and our skies on a morning are filled the most incredible dawn chorus. Situated in a stunning valley on our working farm, it doesn’t get any closer than back to nature. Switch off, unwind and relax. We’ve said it before and we will say it again, it really is the place where time stands still. With a double bed in one room and two twin beds in another room we offer stays for adults or children over the age of 14. Our caravan is situated on the edge of our campsite, although we welcome families onto our site we do not accept large groups and have a strict low noise rules after 10pm so all our guests and wildlife have a peaceful and relaxing stay
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent location, clean facilities, friendly staff
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
The Royal Oak
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Sunday School — 11.9 miles
11.9 miles Playing Fields — 11.9 miles
- Train stations
Malton Rail Station
— 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Seamer Rail Station — 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Scarborough Rail Station — 12.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 31.5 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 34.7 miles
Bring your walking boots or bikes along for outings in Dalby Forest, just to the north of the site, or see it all from above as you tackle the treetop course at Go Ape (10 minutes’ drive). Back down at ground level, kids can seek out evidence of the Gruffalo, find one of the play areas or get lost in the dry stone wall maze.
A 10-minute drive from the farm gets you to Pickering, where you can explore the Beck Isle Museum and Pickering Castle before boarding a heritage train for a scenic trip on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. For train travel on a smaller scale stop by at Cedarbarn Farm Shop (five minutes) for a tour of the fruit fields on the miniature railway.
Head in the opposite direction and you’ll get to the Yorkshire coastline with a drive of half an hour or so. Go due east for a day on the sands in Scarborough or head a little more north to get to atmospheric Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay.
- Dalby Forest Visitor Centre (2.1 miles)
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway (3.0 miles)
- Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo (5.1 miles)
- Bridestones, Crosscliff and Blakey Topping (4.5 miles)
- Nunnington Hall (11.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Low Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Low Farm Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Low Farm Campsite? Bring your walking boots or bikes along for outings in Dalby Forest, just to the north of the site, or see it all from above as you tackle the treetop course at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Low Farm Campsite?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.