Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful site in the well-kept grounds of a B&B near Yarm
- A 20-minute drive from the coast; 45 minutes from Whitby
- Open-air hot tub on site; well-regarded pub a short walk away
The Old Mill is a peaceful North Yorkshire site in the grounds of a B&B on the edge of High Leven, around five minutes’ drive from the little market town of Yarm.
As the name suggests, the B&B is in an old windmill – it’s surrounded by well-kept gardens that make a pretty backdrop to the touring pitches. Facilities on site include free wifi and a toilet block; although there’s no dedicated shower area by the pitches, guests can use the indoor shower room for a time in the mornings for an extra charge. It’s also possible to grab a cosy spot by the open fire in the guest lounge if you’re here on a Friday or Saturday evening. Surely the finest way to warm up around here is, however, the open-air hot tub – open daily until 9pm.
For evening meals, the highly recommended local pub is a two-minute walk down the lane (it's best to book ahead as it's a popular spot). Yarm High street is five minutes' drive away with several popular pubs and eateries (and taxis available locally if you'd like a drink or two). There's also a playground close by and an electric vehicle charging point.
Days out around here might involve a wander around Yarm (for the castle and some tasty independent shops), a trip to the seaside at Saltburn-by-the-Sea or Whitby, a boat trip on the River Tees, a round of golf, or taking an alpaca for a walk from a nearby farm (now that’s not something you get to do every day…)
Tourist board rating
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
The grocery shop is open between 31/01 and 20/12.
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Twin axle vehicles are not permitted on site.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric gravel motorhome pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Campervan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 3.0m width x 7.0m depth (9.8ft width x 23.0ft depth) Calculated area: 21.0m² (226.0ft²)
Ground type: Gravel
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
A little hidden gem of a place, I would certainly book again.
Highly recommend Old Mill.
Lovley clean welcoming site karmin and the girls are fantastic …
Very basic site with no staff access and the cost not justified
From the manager...
We the mill are sorry to hear that you are not happy with you're stay. Secondly we can only apologise you were sent you're confirmation text on the day you arrived. There isn't always a host on site, but there will have been someone in the mill it's self if any guests have enquiries.Due to covid we the mill haven't been serving breakfast but we don't have a cafe.
Terrible stay away
Small site, dog friendly, great staff.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Bridge Road Stand 29
— 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Bridge Road Stand 29 — 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Bus Station Stand 11 — 5.6 miles
- Train stations
Yarm Rail Station
— 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Eaglescliffe Rail Station — 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Allens West Rail Station — 2.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Transporter Bridge North Side — 6.4 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 5.0 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Alpaca walks from Alpaca Alpaca: 10 minutes’ walk
- Yarm Castle and high street: five minutes’ drive
- Preston Park Museum: 10 minutes
- Middlesbrough Golf Club: 10 minutes
- North York Moors National Park: 20 minutes
- Saltburn-by-the-Sea: 20 minutes
- Gisborough Priory (scenic ruins): 25 minutes
- Whitby (beach, Captain Cook Museum, abbey, brewery, 199 Steps): 45 minutes.
- Captain Cook Birthplace Museum (5.3 miles)
- mima (5.6 miles)
- Hartlepool's Maritime Experience (13.3 miles)
- Ormesby Hall (5.7 miles)
- Mount Grace Priory (8.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3:30 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
The Old Mill cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Modifications are subject to a £10.00 fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. The Old Mill will debit the balance from your card 12 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 12 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does The Old Mill have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Old Mill dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Old Mill? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Alpaca walks from Alpaca Alpaca: 10 minutes’ walk - Yarm Castle and high street: five minutes’ drive - Preston Park Museum: 10 minutes - Middlesbrough Golf … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Old Mill?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at The Old Mill? From £20 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability