This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wild riverside camping field near Malham in the Yorkshire Dales
- A 10-minute drive to Malham Cove, Janet’s Foss and Gordale Scar
- On the route of the Pennine Way; country pub 10 minutes' walk
After a rural stay with spectacular Yorkshire Dales views, endless access to the great outdoors, amazing landmarks and proper Dales towns? Kirkby Malham Camping hits the spot with you then – a blissfully peaceful, pop-up campsite on a working family-run beef and sheep farm in gorgeous Malhamdale.
With acres of space for kids and dogs to run around in safely, the Aire river edging the field and a choice of a welcoming country pub or the delights of Malham village centre within 10 minutes' walk, this site – known to the owners as “Mucky Bottoms” (yes, really) – offers the chance for walkers, cyclists and rock climbers to explore the magnificent limestone scenery around Malham.
Portaloos, a supply of water and bins are available for your stay, but for most of the year the field is grazed by sheep – and they would really appreciate it if you left the field as you found it. During your stay, sheep will be in neighbouring fields and they really don’t like being chased, so please make sure your dogs are under control.
The long-distance Pennine Way runs alongside the campsite, and there are lots of very accessible walks – plus of course the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge. If you are participating, Pen-y-ghent beckons a half-hour’s drive away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
There is sheep poo in the field so remeber wellies and no kids rolling
Way too expensive for night in a sheep field
Hand sanitising stations
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Bus Station Stand 8
— 8.3 miles
8.3 miles Bus Station — 13.2 miles
13.2 miles Broadway — 14.8 miles
- Train stations
Hellifield Rail Station
— 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Long Preston Rail Station — 4.6 miles
4.6 miles Gargrave Rail Station — 5.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 30.8 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 23.7 miles
Please do not rely on the postcode alone to find this site.
Local attractions and activities include:
- Yorkshire Dales National Park: site is in the park
- Malham (pubs and cafés): five minutes’ drive
- Kirkby Malham (pubs and cafés): five minutes
- Malham Cove: 10 minutes
- Janet’s Foss: 10 minutes
- Gordale Scar: 10 minutes
- Airton (farm shop and tea room): 10 minutes
- Malham Tarn: 20 minutes
- Skipton (castle and Museum of North Craven Life): 25 minutes
- Golf: 25 minutes
- Hesketh Farm Park: 40 minutes
- East Riddlesden Hall (NT) (16.3 miles)
- Bronte Parsonage Museum (17.0 miles)
- Gawthorpe Hall (17.8 miles)
- Malham Tarn Estate (3.8 miles)
- East Riddlesden Hall (16.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Kirkby Malham Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kirkby Malham Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kirkby Malham Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Yorkshire Dales National Park: site is in the park - Malham (pubs and cafés): five minutes’ drive - Kirkby Malham (pubs and cafés): five minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kirkby Malham Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.