This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, family-run site on the edge of the North York Moors
- A 15-minute drive from beaches at Scarborough and Filey
- A few minutes' walk from village shops and pubs; dogs welcome
If you think there's room for well-kept lawns, village pubs and friendly ducks in your holiday plans, find yourself at Seamer Campsite, a family-run spot in gorgeous North Yorkshire. Pick this park if you fancy swapping the bells and whistles of bigger, busier places for a slice of village life and easy access to lots of top-notch scenery.
The site is a few minutes' walk from Seamer village centre's independent shops and pubs and a 25-minute stroll from Seamer station, where you can catch speedy trains to spots like Scarborough and York. Cyclists should also consider making tracks here, as there's the adventurous Moor to Sea Cycle Network to explore nearby (roughly 15 minutes' drive away). Oh, and there's a regular bus service that runs through the village – handy, that.
Having made a quick foray to the coast or the North York Moors National Park, you'll return to a laidback setup where there are basic amenities like running water, toilets and showers. Dogs are welcome to come with and take advantage of the rural walks to be had in the area, but please keep them on leads when they're snuffling about on site – there are friendly hens and ducks about that would like to go about their business without getting spooked.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
- Coach stations
Haven Holiday Park
— 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Haven Holiday Park — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Railway Station Stop S — 3.3 miles
- Train stations
Seamer Rail Station
— 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Scarborough Rail Station — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Filey Rail Station — 6.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 35.0 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 44.1 miles
Spells in Scarborough (15 minutes' drive) will surely be on the cards if staying here, if not for its two beaches and far-famed promenade then perhaps for trips to Scarborough Castle, The Rotunda Museum or to follow in the footsteps of the many painters, writers and actors with ties to the town. (Beach and then Brontë walking trail, anyone?)
If you've already fond memories of Scarborough and fancy trying out other coastal spots, there are few places finer than Filey (15 minutes), Ravenscar (30 minutes) and Flamborough (30 minutes), where a stint on North Landing beach gives access to views over cliffs, a lighthouse and (if you're particularly lucky) dolphins. If your sartorial choices mostly revolve around black, then perhaps a trip to Whitby's annual Goth Weekend (40 minutes) could also be in order.
It's about an hour's drive to York, the county’s ancient capital, but what a drive it is – on the way there there's ample scope for quick detours to take in landmarks like Kirkham Priory (35 minutes) or Castle Howard (40 minutes), with a wide range of attractions like York Minster, the National Railway Museum and York Castle to entertain you once you've wended your way into the city's narrow streets.
- Dalby Forest Visitor Centre (10.1 miles)
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway (13.4 miles)
- Burton Agnes Hall (13.8 miles)
- Bridestones, Crosscliff and Blakey Topping (9.1 miles)
- Yorkshire Coast (11.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Seamer Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Seamer Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Seamer Campsite? Spells in Scarborough (15 minutes' drive) will surely be on the cards if staying here, if not for its two beaches and far-famed promenade then perhaps for trips to Scarborough Castle, The … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Seamer Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.