This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Back to basics campsite on a North Yorkshire family farm
- Jervaulx Abbey 10 minutes' drive; Hawes 45 minutes
- Peaceful farm site with excellent views; 1.25 miles to a village pub
Camble Field Campsite is a low-key site that's located on a working family farm just outside the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Come here to experience back to basics camping in almost-wild surroundings (with the added convenience and comfort of access to toilets and showers).
Scenic walks, far-reaching views and plenty of cycle routes surround this site near the village of Rookwith, and there are lots of local attractions in the surrounding area to explore too. You might like to start off down the road at the ruins of Jervaulx Abbey (10 minutes' drive), or venture further into the national park to explore Hawes (45 minutes) and sample local produce at the Wensleydale Creamery.
Whatever activities you have in the offing, Camble Field Campsite is a peaceful spot for a varied camping break. Handily, after all that action, there’s a pub in the village about a mile and a quarter down the road. Other spots like Masham and Bedale (both 10 minutes) are easy to access too, while Ripon and Richmond can both be reached by car in under half an hour.
Barbecues and dogs are welcome throughout the camping season at this family-friendly site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great friendly site
Great site with clean facilities, amazing staff, great size pitches
Friendly staff. Clean site. Added extra of the fish and chips van
The views at the campsite were great. It was a …
Location with amazing view of the sunset. Simulated mountain water …
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Staggered showering times
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 7.6 miles
7.6 miles High Green — 7.7 miles
7.7 miles Bus Station Stand 1 — 11.1 miles
- Train stations
Northallerton Rail Station
— 10.4 miles
10.4 miles Thirsk Rail Station — 12.5 miles
12.5 miles Darlington Rail Station — 18.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 28.2 miles
28.2 miles Transporter Bridge North Side — 28.3 miles
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 19.3 miles
19.3 miles Leeds Bradford International Airport — 27.7 miles
• Brymor Icecream
• Lightwater Valley Theme Park
• Thorp Perrow Abboretum & Birds of Prey & Mammal centre.
• Harmby Waterfalls
• Middleham Castle
• Richmond Castle
• Monk Park Farm Visitor Attraction
• Foxglove Covert
• Wensleydale Creamery
• Asgarth Falls
• Newby Hall & Gardens
• The Forbidden Corner
• Various pubs nearby-
The Buck Thornton Watlass (1.2miles)
The Bay Horse Crakehall (2.8miles
• Hawes in the heart of the Dales where you can get delicious cream teas, fish & chips and explore the beautiful surroundings
- Jervaulx Abbey (2.6 miles)
- Richmond Castle (9.5 miles)
- Easby Abbey (EH) (9.9 miles)
- Braithwaite Hall (5.5 miles)
- Moulton Hall (10.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Camble Field Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Camble Field Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Camble Field Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camble Field Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camble Field Campsite? • Brymor Icecream • Lightwater Valley Theme Park • Thorp Perrow Abboretum & Birds of Prey & Mammal centre. • Harmby Waterfalls • Middleham Castle • Richmond Castle • Monk Park Farm … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camble Field Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.