This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful and simple adults-only site 15 minutes' drive from the NEC
- Within half an hour of Drayton Manor, Twycross Zoo and Birmingham
- A 10-minute drive from Shustoke Reservoir fishing, sailing and walks
How about this for a classic city and country combo? Yew Tree Cottage Camping and Caravan Site is in the Warwickshire countryside 10 minutes’ drive from Shustoke Reservoir, a fab area for outdoor activities and nature spotting.
It’s also 15 minutes from the National Exhibition Centre and half an hour from the centre of buzzing Birmingham: you could be waterskiing before breakfast and dining in the Balti Triangle after dark…
With such a heady cocktail of metropolitan and outdoor entertainments going on, you need a peaceful, laidback base to come back to, and Yew Tree Cottage Camping and Caravan Site does the job. It’s an adults-only site, so that keeps the volume down for starters... Facilities are clean, well-kept and simple, with no bars, spas, clubhouses or other frills and fripperies getting in between your good self and the great open countryside.
Dogs are welcome on site if you fancy showing yours off at Crufts, the annual waggy-tailed bonanza hosted nearby at the National Exhibition Centre. The NEC is also, handily enough, home to the Motorhome and Caravan Show, and whether you’re into baking or bikes, science, Lego or Christmas crafts, something big's being exhibited there every week.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent 1 night stay en-route north.
Very friendly welcome from the owner who made sure we …
Great pitch size, and level dry ground. Grass trimmed. Toilet …
Friendly site, clean facilities, welcoming staff
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
Excellent site clean facilities. We will return
Level site, short grass, hardstandings if required,country setting.
Nice, quiet, and clean.
Would use this site any time I'm travelling for an event at the NEC!
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
B'ham Airport Bus Terminal
— 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Bus Station — 8.6 miles
8.6 miles Bus Interchange — 8.8 miles
- Train stations
Coleshill Parkway Rail Station
— 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Water Orton Rail Station — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Marston Green Rail Station — 4.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 64.3 miles
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1
— 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Birmingham International Airport — 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2 — 4.8 miles
When you don’t fancy straying far from quarters, Shustoke Reservoir (10 minutes' drive) is a haven for birdlife and a hub for sailors and fisherfolk. Circular walks connect with the 100-mile long Heart of England Way, running between Cannock Chase in Staffordshire and the Cotswolds.
For a short-cut, it’s a 45-minute car trip to Cannock Chase, where there are deer-filled woodlands to walk, bike and Segway your way through, zipwires to zoom down and an assault course for dogs. Woof.
To add historical flavour to your adventures, make for medieval Maxstoke Castle (five minutes), moated and stacked with relics including the chair Henry VII was crowned on. For noisier nostalgia, it’s 15 minutes to the National Motorcycle Museum, or you could get all poetic perusing Shakespeare’s home at Stratford-upon-Avon (50 minutes).
Thrillseekers should report to Drayton Manor Theme Park for all kinds of white knuckle rides, or wend their way to Kingsbury Waterpark (both 15 minutes), for jet bikes, power boat racing and waterskiing.
You can hack, cycle or walk around the Kingsbury site, stopping off for fishing and birdwatching, but if you like your wildlife wilder, try the chimps and zebras at Twycross Zoo (25 minutes) or drive among the lions, cheetahs and rhinos at West Midlands Safari Park (an hour).
Beetle over to Birmingham (half an hour) for urban adventures, like tours of the science museum and Jewellery Quarter, chocolate-flavoured 4D experiences, factory tours (and actual chocolate) at Cadbury World, and bucketloads of Brum’s best dish, balti.
- National Exhibition Centre (4.3 miles)
- National Motorcycle Museum (4.7 miles)
- Drayton Manor Theme Park (7.4 miles)
- Birmingham Back to Backs (9.9 miles)
- Baddesley Clinton (11.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Yew Tree Cottage Camping and Caravan Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Yew Tree Cottage Camping and Caravan Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Yew Tree Cottage Camping and Caravan Site? When you don’t fancy straying far from quarters, Shustoke Reservoir (10 minutes' drive) is a haven for birdlife and a hub for sailors and fisherfolk. Circular walks connect with the 100-mile long … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Yew Tree Cottage Camping and Caravan Site?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime