This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wildflower meadow camping and well-equipped glamping in Warwickshire
- A 10-minute drive from Stratford-upon-Avon and 15 from Warwick Castle
- Secluded 14-acre wilderness site but only a mile from shops and pubs
Twitey's Tipis and Campsite is a small, scenic and cosy site, four miles east of Stratford-upon-Avon and eight miles south of Warwick. It's a family-friendly site on 14 acres of grass and wildflower meadows for secluded stays, where children can explore the grass pathways and play safely in a car-free setting.
Come here to spend evenings around the campfire and under the stars, after a day of exploring nearby: the Cotswolds, Royal Leamington Spa, National Trust houses and many more attractions and activities are all close by. For food and supplies, several local pubs that do food are within a three-mile radius; plenty of restaurants are in Stratford and a café is 10 minutes' walk away at Wellesbourne Mountfield Airfield.
Vehicles are left in the site car park, and wheelbarrows are provided to help move your kit to your pitch (particularly enjoyable for kids, who often get a barrow ride from mum or dad).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Jumbo tent pitches
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Riverside Bus Station
— 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Bus Station — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Bus Station — 6.2 miles
- Train stations
Stratford-upon-Avon Rail Station
— 3.7 miles
3.7 miles Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway Rail Station — 4.4 miles
4.4 miles Wilmcote Rail Station — 5.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 48.7 miles
— 13.7 miles
13.7 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2 — 18.4 miles
18.4 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 18.5 miles
The drive is shared with Hunscote House Farm and Stud; look for a sign marked Lowe Farm a few hundred metres down on the right (after the third telegraph pole).
There is a bus service from Stratford to Wellesbourne village, near to the site.
Twitey’s Tipis and Campsite is four miles from Stratford-upon-Avon, eight miles from Warwick and Royal Leamington Spa and close to the Cotswolds. Nearby Stratford has a wealth of Shakespeare to experience and the Cotswolds has walks, wildlife spotting and England’s biggest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to potter around.
For history fans there are National Trust houses all around, including Charlecote Park (a mile away) and the Tudor Packwood House at Lapworth (30 minutes' drive) with gardens, park and topiary. Wellesbourne (10 minutes) has the 19th-century Chedham’s Yard, an award-winning blacksmith’s and wheelwright’s workshop (book if you want to visit), and an underground World War II museum at Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield.
There are excellent castles to see too: Warwick Castle (15 minutes) has events and activities throughout the year and Kenilworth Castle (25 minutes), built by pining Robert Dudley for his love Elizabeth I, has Elizabethan costume days, kids’ audio tours and a recreated Elizabethan garden.
Also have a look at Hill Close Gardens (15 minutes) with its collection of 18 restored Victorian gardens, Grade II summerhouses and kids’ events and workshops year-round. Ragley Hall at Alcester (30 minutes) should be on any day trip list with its 17th-century hall, acres of Capability Brown gardens and park with adventure wood, 3D maze and woodland walks.
For vintage vehicle fans, race along to the British Motor Museum at Gaydon (20 minutes), which has a large collection of vintage and veteran cars and motorbikes. Or if horse racing is your thing, courses are at Stratford and Warwick, (the latter being one of the oldest in the country and with regular meets throughout the year); both are within 15 minutes' drive.
- Stratford-upon-Avon Butterfly Farm (3.0 miles)
- Avon Boating (3.1 miles)
- City Sightseeing Stratford Tours (3.1 miles)
- Charlecote Park (0.9 miles)
- Hidcote Manor Garden (9.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Twitey's Tipis and Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Twitey's Tipis and Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Twitey's Tipis and Campsite? Twitey’s Tipis and Campsite is four miles from Stratford-upon-Avon, eight miles from Warwick and Royal Leamington Spa and close to the Cotswolds. Nearby Stratford has a wealth of Shakespeare to experience and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Twitey's Tipis and Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.