This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only touring site half an hour's drive from Alton Towers
- A 10-minute drive from Stafford; 20 minutes from Uttoxeter racecourse
- Dogs and barbecues allowed; easy access on gravel paths
Deliberating whether to go for a day out at the races or on Alton Towers’ rides? Find time for both with a stay at Stable Park, a touring site 20 minutes’ drive from Uttoxeter Racecourse and half an hour from England’s second most visited theme park.
Clean, tidy and well-run, this spot makes a brill base for explores of the scenic Staffordshire surrounds (the Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is reachable in 15 minutes) or for simply settling down in comfort for a couple of days. The park has plenty of space and is crisscrossed by gravel paths for easy access with your vehicle.
For food, getting out to places like Stafford (10 minutes' drive) or the laidback town of Uttoxeter (20 minutes), which hosts markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays, is a doddle. The site’s also 20 minutes on foot from the Stafford Showground – handy if you’re hitting an event like the monthly antique fair. For other jaunts there's no need to get your vehicle out as there's a bus stop a mere minute's walk from the park.
Dogs and barbecues are also allowed, so evenings can cheerfully be spent sitting next to puppy pals while cooking over coals.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
All of ot
Great little stop over site.
Great tucked away site but convenient for surrounding areas
Shower & toilet block lovely and clean. Park Security was reassuring.
Good clean site
Lovely site, facilities very clean, showers great.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
— 2.8 miles
Railway Station — 2.8 miles
Crown Bridge — 7.8 miles
- Train stations
Stafford Rail Station
— 2.9 miles
Norton Bridge Rail Station — 5.1 miles
Stone Rail Station — 5.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 54.6 miles
Birmingham International Airport
— 30.3 miles
Crack on towards the Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (15 minutes’ drive) for wanders through the countryside or visits to grand manor houses like the National Trust’s Shugborough Estate, then swing by Stafford (10 minutes) and roam the ruins of a 900-year-old castle. The town’s also known for its timber-framed Ancient High House, which hails from Tudor times, and the Victoria Park’s aviary and river walkway.
Next, wing your way north towards Trentham Monkey Forest (20 minutes), home to 140 Barbary macaques that live out their days scampering freely across woodland and meadows. Keep your eyes peeled for these primates while learning about their habits by reading the information boards.
Switch things up with a bit of bargain hunting next door at Trentham Shopping Village; while you’re here – on the outskirts of pottery haven Stoke-on-Trent – it’s also worth wandering around the World of Wedgwood (20 minutes) in search of swish ceramics.
Last but not least, all bets are on for brill days out at Uttoxeter Racecourse (20 minutes) and on the Nemesis and Oblivion rollercoasters at Alton Towers (half an hour).
- Wedgwood Visitor Centre (8.9 miles)
- The Trentham Estate (10.2 miles)
- Trentham Monkey Forest (10.5 miles)
- Shugborough Estate (4.1 miles)
- Sudbury Hall and the National Trust Museum of Childhood (13.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Stable Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stable Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Stable Park? Crack on towards the Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (15 minutes’ drive) for wanders through the countryside or visits to grand manor houses like the National Trust’s Shugborough Estate, then … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stable Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.