Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-maintained Shropshire site with high-quality fishing
- A 20-minute drive to Shrewsbury; Shropshire Hills 15 minutes
- Tackle and bait shop on site, plus café offering snacks and deliveries
Any anglers out there, this is one for you. The five ponds (both carp and coarse fishing) at Spring Lea Park are set over 12 acres of neat grounds and pathways, with clear signage directing guests to the pools and pegs as well as guiding you through the species found in each pond.
The fishing pools are well stocked with hard-fighting carp, as well as bream, tench, and roach. A limited number of exclusive 24-hour tickets are available for the specimen carp lake, and you can buy tackle and bait from the shop at reception – in short, everything you need for a great day’s fishing.
The Lakeside Café is on hand for locally sourced hot and cold snacks or drinks, and there’s an outdoor terrace – or you can order directly from your peg for delivery right to you at the waterside.
Pick up bits and bobs from Pontesbury shops (five minutes’ drive) to grill on the barbecue, and if self-catering is not for you, you’ve a decent choice of pubs and takeaways there too. For bigger stocking-up missions, the supermarkets of Shrewsbury (20 minutes) await.
Straightforward on-site amenities include a shower and toilet block, and a washing-up area.
Open from 04/06/2022 to 30/09/2022
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
No electric barbecues allowed.
No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
Protective masks must be worn at all times in common areas.
No gas barbecues allowed.
Single-sex bookings of 3 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Minimum spacing of 10 metres between pitches.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
Bookings must not consist of more than 2 different households.
Owing to government regulations, groups of 6 or more people are not permitted.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro) and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 10.0m width x 7.0m depth (32.8ft width x 23.0ft depth) Calculated area: 70.0m² (753.5ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
A nice quiet location with plenty of fishing options
Excellent place really clean and tidy, deffo recommend
This was a lovely site I hope it doesn’t change to much
Really liked all the work the new owners have done …
Lovely site staff nise and friendly good breakfast
Really nice site apart from management
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Rural Cottages — 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Marche Lane Jct — 5.6 miles
- Train stations
Shrewsbury Rail Station
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Church Stretton Rail Station — 8.9 miles
8.9 miles Yorton Rail Station — 11.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 50.0 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 46.7 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Golf course: five minutes’ drive
- Earl's Hill Nature Reserve: five minutes
- Shropshire Hills AONB walking and cycling: 15 minutes
- Pontesbury pubs and shops: 15 minutes
- Shrewsbury: 20 minutes
- Shrewsbury Prison: 20 minutes
- Attingham Park: 20 minutes
- Home Farm Attingham: 20 minutes
- Mitchell's Fold Stone Circle: 25 minutes
- Stokesay Castle: 40 minutes.
- Powis Castle & Garden (12.5 miles)
- Much Wenlock Priory (13.4 miles)
- Darby Houses (Ironbridge) (15.4 miles)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (7.3 miles)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (8.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||12 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Spring Lea Park cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Spring Lea Park on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Spring Lea Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Spring Lea Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Spring Lea Park? Local attractions and activities include: - Golf course: five minutes’ drive - Earl's Hill Nature Reserve: five minutes - Shropshire Hills AONB walking and cycling: 15 minutes - Pontesbury pubs and shops: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Spring Lea Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Spring Lea Park? From £25 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability