This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to nature adults-only site with 360-degree views over Shropshire
- A short drive to historic Shrewsbury, Ironbridge and Snailbeach mines
- Wildlife pond plus leisure fishing for carp, perch and more on site
What's that, you say? You're after an adults-only site among peaceful Shropshire countryside a short drive from the historic sights of Shrewsbury? Have a look at Westley House Farm, set 12 miles from Shrewsbury and surrounded by views of Eastridge Woods, Stiperstones, Callow and Long Mountain.
For the ardent anglers among you, there's a big leisure pool stocked with carp, perch, roach and rudd which you won't need to share with anyone but other Westley guests. A small fee will buy you an eight-hour block of fishing – just keep a tally of how many hours you've spent there and settle up before you leave for the day. If fishing's not your fancy though, you can still enjoy a nicely idle time by the water's edge or over in the wildlife area.
All pitches – most of which lie within 30 metres of the pool – are spacious and separated by a strip of grass. Friendly dogs are more than welcome (as long as they're kept on a leash and tidied up after), and there's a good stile-free path on site for both dogs and/or humans to tramp.
Please note there are no toilets and showers on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The area was lovely and quiet.
so peaceful and clean
As the photos the location, beautifully maintain grounds next to …
Nice and quiet, good clean site reasonably priced
Quiet, well maintained site, adults only
Brilliant site to get away from it all
Adult only site. Large fishing lake well stocked. Lovely walks
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Marche Lane Jct
— 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Marche Lane Jct — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Rural Cottages — 5.1 miles
- Train stations
Welshpool Rail Station
— 8.3 miles
8.3 miles Shrewsbury Rail Station — 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Church Stretton Rail Station — 10.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 46.6 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 47.2 miles
Westley House Farm is generally all about relaxing, fishing, relaxing, relaxing, a little more fishing followed by a touch more relaxing... but there's loads to do in the local area for when you feel like getting out and about.
If walking's your thing then over at Stiperstones there's an almost six-mile circular walk around the stunning ridge through rocky, unsheltered terrain along quiet lanes and footpaths punctuated with gates and stiles. Over at Eastridge Woods, around 13 miles of mountain bike trails network a 100-year-old forest set among a former quarry.
History and culture fans can take an underground tour at Snailbeach to explore the country's best-preserved lead mine buildings; have a day at Ironbridge, a little over 20 miles away, or investigate the several National Trust properties in the region such as Attingham, Sunny Croft, Chirk Castle and Erddig.
Shrewsbury has shopping, old building aplenty, and the pleasure boat Sabrina for serene trips along the River Severn and canoe hire for self-guided tours. Or have a gentle riverside stroll or a picnic in the pretty Quarry park, home of the annual Shrewsbury Flower Show; either way, there's enough around the city to keep you going for weeks.
Ludlow, Church Stretton, Bishops Castle, Welshpool and Montgomery are all within reasonable driving distance.
- Powis Castle & Garden (9.1 miles)
- Stokesay Castle (16.3 miles)
- Much Wenlock Priory (16.6 miles)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (9.2 miles)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (10.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Westley House Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Westley House Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Westley House Farm? Westley House Farm is generally all about relaxing, fishing, relaxing, relaxing, a little more fishing followed by a touch more relaxing... but there's loads to do in the local area for when … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Westley House Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.