- Peaceful off-grid wild camping site in the Shropshire Hills
- A 20-minute drive to Ludlow; 25 minutes to Ironbridge museums
- Barbecues and campfires permitted; lovely views towards Brown Clee
There’s no forgetting that you’re in the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty when you stay at Bush Farm – for one thing, the backdrop to your break includes a clear view up to Brown Clee, the highest point in Shropshire (it’s about a 20-minute drive to the trailhead if the views inspires you to make the climb).
There’s a truly peaceful atmosphere at this off-grid site, which is completely surrounded by lovely rural views (and places to get out for a walk to immerse yourselves in the scenery). As a pop-up farm site it’s a back to basics setup (with no toilets or showers on site) so you’ll need to bring along everything you need to make you comfortable during your stay. In particular, it’s a good idea to bring a torch to help you find your way around at night (it gets pretty dark around these parts…)
This location is a great one for getting out to explore the walking/bike trails of the Shropshire Hills, or for various outdoor activities including golf, canoeing and quad biking. The excellent museums of Ironbridge are about 25 minutes’ drive away, and there are several National Trust properties and animal attractions around to visit too.
Foodwise, you’ll be allowed to bring along a barbecue or start a campfire for a bit of alfresco cooking; the top spot for supplies locally is Ludlow, 20 minutes’ drive away – a well-known foodie hotspot with lots of independent shops and a market.
This site has no on-site toilet and shower facilities.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent pitches
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 13.6 miles
13.6 miles Bus Station — 14.1 miles
14.1 miles Rural Cottages — 16.5 miles
- Train stations
Church Stretton Rail Station
— 7.0 miles
7.0 miles Craven Arms Rail Station — 9.8 miles
9.8 miles Ludlow Rail Station — 10.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 55.2 miles
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 38.6 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- The Edge Adventure Activities (climbing, archery, quad biking and other activities): 15 minutes’ drive
- Much Wenlock Leisure Centre (swimming pool and activities): 15 minutes
- Stokesay Castle: 20 minutes
- Ludlow Golf Club: 20 minutes
- Ironbridge (for Blists Hill Victorian Town and other museums): 25 minutes
- Caer Caradoc walking trails: 25 minutes
- Carding Mill Valley and Long Mynd: 25 minutes
- National Trust - Attingham Park: half an hour
- Frankly Alpacas: half an hour
- Exotic Zoo Wildlife Park: half an hour
- Hoo Zoo and Dinosaur World: 40 minutes.
- Much Wenlock Priory (6.3 miles)
- Enginuity (9.7 miles)
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums (9.9 miles)
- Wilderhope Manor (1.6 miles)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (8.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||9:30 p.m.|
Bush Farm cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Bush Farm on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkApple Pay
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Bush Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bush Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bush Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - The Edge Adventure Activities (climbing, archery, quad biking and other activities): 15 minutes’ drive - Much Wenlock Leisure Centre (swimming pool and activities): 15 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bush Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: Anytime