This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning glamping units in the grounds of historic Belvoir Castle
- A 15-minute drive from Grantham; half an hour from Rutland Water
- Restaurant and bar with seasonal live music; clay pigeon shooting
Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle is the place to head for upper-crust stays in gorgeous Leicestershire landscaped grounds. This regal spot is located right there in the grounds of the hilltop castle, a few minutes' drive from the village of Woolsthorpe, the Grantham Canal and the long-distance Viking Way, making it a prime pick for those looking for proper holiday rambles. Country pursuits like clay pigeon shooting can also be indulged in on site, while in high season there's live music to get down to and medieval-style jousting to admire (ask site staff for dates).
The accommodation here is in smart, well-equipped units and includes dog-friendly options – let the Fred's Yurts crew know you're planning on bringing a pet and they'll sort you out with a plush dog bed. High-end soft furnishings and woodburning stoves to keep you cosy as the nights draw in come as standard (baskets of firewood can be bought on site as and when required).
The tents are well spaced out in green surrounds on the edge of the castle's formal gardens, which make a fine backdrop for afternoon strolls. In all, there are nearly 15,000 acres of gorgeous land on the estate, so it’s pretty safe to say that you won't be short of places to stretch your legs.
A cool cocktail bar with both outdoor space and underground cellar seating is a short walk away. There's also a restaurant that prides itself on championing local producers where you can stop for lunch, a morning coffee or other bites.
Open from 20/08/2020 to 02/10/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent site with lovely clean facilities and friendly staff!
Super location, lovely views
Great site , clean and great management
From the manager...
Thank you for the super positive and informative review! Its great to hear your stay went so well! Thanks, Fred
The location was perfect, lots of things to do in …
From the manager...
Thank you so much for the fantastic review, it really makes all of the hard work pay off when we get such good feedback! Thanks again, Fred
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Grantham Bus Station
— 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Bingham: White Lion Coach Stop — 8.1 miles
8.1 miles Newark on Trent: The Wharf Coach Stop — 12.7 miles
- Train stations
Bottesford Rail Station
— 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Elton & Orston Rail Station — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Grantham Rail Station — 6.0 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 50.1 miles
East Midlands Airport
— 23.3 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- The Viking Way: five minutes' drive
- Grantham Canal towpath: 10 minutes
- Skydiving centre: 15 minutes
- Radcliffe-on-Trent Golf Club: 20 minutes
- Rutland Water: 30 minutes
- Nottingham city centre: 35 minutes
- Oakham Castle: 40 minutes.
- Belvoir Castle (0.1 miles)
- Belton House (7.7 miles)
- Woolsthorpe Manor (8.8 miles)
- Grantham House (6.2 miles)
- Woolsthorpe Manor (8.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2:30 p.m. –||7:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle will debit the balance from your card 6 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 6 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle? Local attractions and activities include: - The Viking Way: five minutes' drive - Grantham Canal towpath: 10 minutes - Skydiving centre: 15 minutes - Radcliffe-on-Trent Golf Club: 20 minutes - Rutland Water: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Fred's Yurts at the Engine Yard, Belvoir Castle?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.