Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Cosy Shepherd's huts on a National Trust farm site in Herefordshire
- A 45-minute drive from the Brecon Beacons; nearby the Offa’s Dyke Path
- Patios with a firepit and grill; buy farm eggs and meat on site
Head to Robin’s Nest Shepherds Hut for a stylish, cosy retreat on a 300-acre National Trust working farm, where Dexter cattle, free-range chickens and arable crops fill the space. Resting on the border between Herefordshire and Wales, this site is well-situated for hiking, just off the lengthy Offa’s Dyke Path and 45 minutes from the Brecon Beacons National Park (plus, a 15-minute drive from the literary centre of Hay-on-Wye).
As the name suggests, this is a natural nest is surrounded by the Herefordshire countryside. The shepherd’s huts are rather cosy with underfloor heating, an electric woodburning stove and a television with a DVD player. Each hut also has a fully-equipped kitchen for guests to prep meals, plus a bathroom with a walk-in electric shower.
Step out of the stable door and into a planted garden with pots and a two-tiered patio. There’s a seating area and firepit, plus a grill ready for some alfresco dining (pair it with a glass of your favourite tipple, if you may, and pick up free-range eggs or home-reared pedigree Dexter beef on site).
If you fancy going off site, there are several pubs, a shop and restaurants along the river Wye where you can have your food prepared for you.
Open from 01/06/2021 to 02/01/2022
No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Dogs are not allowed in the accommodation units.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
No hen/stag parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Robin's Nest shepherd's hut
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 4.9m width x 2.4m length (16.0ft width x 8.0ft length) Calculated area: 11.9m² (128.0ft²)
A welcome hot drink and slice of homemade cake will be waiting on your arrival.
|Max. persons||2 x
4.9m width x 2.4m length
(16.0ft width x 8.0ft length)
Calculated area: 11.9m² (128.0ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2020|
(1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
Open space (1 x day bed)
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Car parking by pitch/unit|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
|Shower room with WC|
|Dining table and chairs|
|No dogs allowed|
Friday 28 May 2021 > Friday 31 December 2021
Based on a 1 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Fantastic shepherds hut, beautifully decorated and had everything you could …
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
Hay on Wye: Castle Bus Stop
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Hereford: Country Bus Station Commercial Rd — 16.3 miles
16.3 miles Pontrilas: Telephone Exchange Coach Stop — 16.6 miles
- Train stations
Dolau Rail Station
— 13.0 miles
13.0 miles Knighton Rail Station — 13.0 miles
13.0 miles Pen-y-Bont Rail Station — 13.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 38.6 miles
— 42.5 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- River Wye (salmon or coarse fishing and canoeing): 10 minutes’ drive
- Hay-on-Wye (literary town): 15 minutes
- Offa’s Dyke Path (hiking trail): 15 minutes
- Hay Bluff (hilly hikes with a flat summit): half an hour
- Llangorse Lake (lakeside walks and pedalos): 35 minutes
- Radnor Forest (mountain biking and walking trails with waterfalls): 35 minutes
- Builth Wells (market town with castle and ancient church ruins): 40 minutes
- Royal Welsh Showground (events): 40 minutes
- Hereford (cathedral city with racecourse): 40 minutes
- Brecon Beacons National Park: 45 minutes
- Black Mountains (mountain range with hiking routes and pony treks): an hour and a half
- Ludlow Castle (20.3 miles)
- Stokesay Castle (21.2 miles)
- Blaenavon Ironworks (26.3 miles)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (0.5 miles)
- The Weir (11.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut? Attractions and activities nearby include: - River Wye (salmon or coarse fishing and canoeing): 10 minutes’ drive - Hay-on-Wye (literary town): 15 minutes - Offa’s Dyke Path (hiking trail): 15 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Robin's Nest Shepherds Hut? From £75 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability