This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacular views over the Wye Valley
- Handy base for the Hay-on-Wye festivals
- Toilet, hot shower and comfy communal room with fridge and microwave
Walkers Cottage is set in handsome countryside with spectacular views over the Wye Valley. It's a small, friendly and environmentally-friendly site for rural escapes and back to nature stays, as well as a handy base for Wye Valley exploring and getting to the Hay-on-Wye festivals.
Facilities include an eco-friendly compost toilet, a hot shower, washing-up facilities and a comfortable dry room with fridge, microwave and games.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 14.2 miles
14.2 miles Country Bus Station — 16.2 miles
16.2 miles Interchange — 16.9 miles
- Train stations
Dolau Rail Station
— 15.2 miles
15.2 miles Builth Road Rail Station — 15.3 miles
15.3 miles Pen-y-Bont Rail Station — 15.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 36.7 miles
— 42.1 miles
We are 3.5 miles from Hay-on-Wye and 3 miles from the toll bridge at Witney-on-Wye. From Clifford village take the turning signposted Community Centre, St Mary's Church and Bredwardine. Up the hill take the second left and keep left at the fork in the lane. After 500 metres you will arrive Walkers Cottage. Turn up the side of the cottage to park on the grass at the rear where we will greet you and show you around.
Walkers are always welcome at Walkers Cottage and the footpath to Hay-on-Wye from the camping field joins up with the spectacular Wye Valley Walk.
The walk to Hay-on-Wye is just under three miles and crosses the Hardwicke Brook where you might catch a glimpse of a brown trout or kingfisher.
There are many miles of footpaths around the Wye Valley and the site is also just a short drive away from more walking at the Brecon Beacons National Park.
- Blaenavon Ironworks (22.7 miles)
- Blaenavon World Heritage Centre & Tourist Information Centre (23.0 miles)
- Big Pit: National Coal Museum (23.1 miles)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (3.4 miles)
- The Weir (11.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Walkers Cottage have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Walkers Cottage dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Walkers Cottage? Walkers are always welcome at Walkers Cottage and the footpath to Hay-on-Wye from the camping field joins up with the spectacular Wye Valley Walk. The walk to Hay-on-Wye is just under three … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Walkers Cottage?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
If you are running late, please let us know while on your way by calling the number provided in your booking confirmation.Read more