This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small quiet site on a working dairy farm in the Wye Valley
- Chepstow, Puzzle Wood and Tintern Abbey within a 15-minute drive
- Pop-up farm shop on site selling farm-produced milk and ice cream
Pitches at Chase Farm are in the grounds of a small family-run Gloucestershire dairy farm in the Wye Valley, 10 minutes’ drive north of Chepstow and 20 minutes from Lydney.
Close to the border between England and Wales, this site has far-reaching views across the River Severn towards Bristol, and is surrounded by fields and woodland. Set well back from any main roads, the pitches here are pretty peaceful, although you may well hear a tractor or two going about their business from time to time.
And of course you’ll most likely be able to listen in on the resident cows too: they generally graze the fields next to the site, eating up all the grass that helps them produce properly creamy milk. Guests can sample the fresh milk for themselves as it’s bottled and sold at the farm gate shop (and some of it goes into producing ice cream, which you can also pick up here alongside fresh eggs and other local produce).
Getting out for a walk is a must around these parts – there are lots of trails to follow in nearby forests, or you can set out on a woodland trail from the farm to reach the Offa’s Dyke Path and Devil’s Pulpit viewpoint in about five minutes. Canoeing, crazy golf and the treetop trails of Go Ape are all within a 20-minute drive for a bit of different activity.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
We'll be back, but hoping the toilet and shower facilities are improve
Toilet, showers, availability of logs and fire pits, little shop …
Fabulous view, lovely clean site with plenty of flat pitches …
Good site with basic facilities
Beautiful location, friendly owners, clean campsite.
Basic site with good views.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Bus Station — 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Trussel Road — 15.9 miles
- Train stations
Chepstow Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Lydney Rail Station — 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Caldicot Rail Station — 8.4 miles
- Ferry ports
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Sharpness Old Docks — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Bristol Docks Ferry Landing — 12.8 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 20.8 miles
20.8 miles Gloucestershire Airport — 25.6 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Chepstow Castle: 10 minutes’ drive
- Wye Valley Experience (canoe/bike hire): 15 minutes
- Perrygrove Railway (narrow-gauge railway): 15 minutes
- Krazy Golf Lydney: 15 minutes
- Tintern Abbey: 15 minutes
- Puzzle Wood: 15 minutes
- Go Ape Forest of Dean: 20 minutes
- Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail: 20 minutes.
- Chepstow Castle (3.1 miles)
- Berkeley Castle (8.4 miles)
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (9.1 miles)
- The Kymin (8.7 miles)
- Blaise Hamlet (12.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Chase Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chase Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chase Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Chepstow Castle: 10 minutes’ drive - Wye Valley Experience (canoe/bike hire): 15 minutes - Perrygrove Railway (narrow-gauge railway): 15 minutes - Krazy Golf Lydney: 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Chase Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.