This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small quiet site on a working dairy farm in the Wye Valley
- Chepstow, Puzzle Wood and Tintern Abbey within a 15-minute drive
- Pop-up farm shop on site selling farm-produced milk and ice cream
You may hear the occasional tractor going about its business from time to time, but otherwise life is pretty peaceful on the pitches at Chase Farm. Come along here and you’ll be staying in the grounds of a small family-run Gloucestershire dairy farm in the Wye Valley, 10 minutes’ drive north of Chepstow and 20 minutes from Lydney.
Close to the border between England and Wales, this site has far-reaching views across the River Severn towards Bristol, and is surrounded by fields and woodland. Set well back from any main roads, there’s little by way of traffic noise to disturb you.
That means you’ll most likely be able to listen in on the resident cows: they generally graze the fields next to the site, eating up all the grass that helps them produce properly creamy milk. Guests can sample the fresh milk for themselves as it’s bottled and sold at the farm gate shop (and some of it goes into producing ice cream, which you can also pick up here alongside fresh eggs and other local produce).
Getting out for a walk is a must around these parts – there are lots of trails to follow in nearby forests, or you can set out on a woodland trail from the farm to reach the Offa’s Dyke Path and Devil’s Pulpit viewpoint in about five minutes. Canoeing, crazy golf and the treetop trails of Go Ape are all within a 20-minute drive for a bit of different activity.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Beautiful peaceful stay in family run farm. Wonderful view of …
Quiet peaceful site with friendly owner, good facilities
Perfect and specious camping
Fantastic location, simple enjoyable camping.
Amazing view, lovely ice cream and great location! A great …
Cheap and peaceful
Great site, will definitely be back!!
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Bus Station — 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Trussel Road — 15.9 miles
- Train stations
Chepstow Rail Station
— 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Lydney Rail Station — 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Caldicot Rail Station — 8.4 miles
- Ferry ports
— 6.5 miles
6.5 miles Sharpness Old Docks — 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Bristol Docks Ferry Landing — 12.8 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 20.8 miles
20.8 miles Gloucestershire Airport — 25.6 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Chepstow Castle: 10 minutes’ drive
- Wye Valley Experience (canoe/bike hire): 15 minutes
- Perrygrove Railway (narrow-gauge railway): 15 minutes
- Krazy Golf Lydney: 15 minutes
- Tintern Abbey: 15 minutes
- Puzzle Wood: 15 minutes
- Go Ape Forest of Dean: 20 minutes
- Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail: 20 minutes.
- Chepstow Castle (3.1 miles)
- Berkeley Castle (8.4 miles)
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (9.1 miles)
- The Kymin (8.7 miles)
- Blaise Hamlet (12.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Chase Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Chase Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Chase Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chase Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chase Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Chepstow Castle: 10 minutes’ drive - Wye Valley Experience (canoe/bike hire): 15 minutes - Perrygrove Railway (narrow-gauge railway): 15 minutes - Krazy Golf Lydney: 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Chase Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.