This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Five acres of peaceful woodland in rural Gloucestershire
- Stroud 15 minutes' drive; Newark Park 20 minutes
- Firepit and firewood available; dogs welcome
Try secluded woodland camping under a canopy of trees at Voltaire's Wood, a five-acre semi-wild campsite deep in the Gloucestershire countryside. Located within a 120-acre woodland in the Cotswolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty, this mix of oak, cherry, beech, hazel and other deciduous trees near Minchinhampton makes a very pleasant backdrop for back-to-nature breaks.
Turn up with your tents to be met by the site team, who will walk you to the woods and to your pitch. There's a stream here you might pass on the way for added peaceful vibes, and once you’ve arrived you're free to head off hiking, set up a fire or to sling a hammock between a couple of trees and call it a day. Whatever you end up doing, dogs are very welcome to come along and join you for the duration.
Guests are provided with 20 litres of filtered spring water for their stay on request. Firewood is available to buy on site and shared composting loos are on hand too.
Please note that these pitches are accessed on foot and are up to 10 minutes' walk from the car park. If you've got more than you can carry, you can book the site's off-road vehicle to get your kit there and back.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Dark Lane — 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Merrywalks — 4.1 miles
- Train stations
Stroud (Glos) Rail Station
— 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Stonehouse Rail Station — 5.5 miles
5.5 miles Kemble Rail Station — 7.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 12.7 miles
12.7 miles Lydney Harbour — 13.6 miles
13.6 miles Temple Meads Station Ferry Landing — 23.5 miles
— 14.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Minchinhampton Common: 10 minutes' drive
- Chavenage House: 10 minutes
- Stroud: 15 minutes
- Woodchester Park (swimming lake): 15 minutes
- Newark Park: 20 minutes
- Westonbirt Arboretum: 20 minutes
- Gloucester: 30 minutes
- Cheltenham: 45 minutes.
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (5.9 miles)
- Painswick Rococo Garden (7.2 miles)
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (9.8 miles)
- Woodchester Park (4.0 miles)
- Newark Park (6.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Voltaire's Wood have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Voltaire's Wood dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Voltaire's Wood? Local attractions and activities include: - Minchinhampton Common: 10 minutes' drive - Chavenage House: 10 minutes - Stroud: 15 minutes - Woodchester Park (swimming lake): 15 minutes - Newark Park: 20 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Voltaire's Wood?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.