Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Wild camping with spectacular views of Gloucestershire’s Severn Vale
- A 25-minute drive to Highgrove Gardens, and 45 minutes to Bristol
- Access to the Cotswold Way, pubs, shops and neolithic ruins nearby
Set on a working farm with cattle and sheep grazing peacefully in fields, Woodleigh campsite is tucked under the Cotswold escarpment, with spectacular views of the Severn Vale. This is an oh-so-peaceful, wild camping spot where you can either abandon the car and potter around on site, or explore further afield.
Rural this Gloucestershire site may be, yet it’s close to Cam and Dursley railway station (10 minutes’ drive) and only 15 minutes from the M5 Junction 13, which you can jump on for easy access to Bristol (45 minutes, zoo and harbourside dining) and Bath (50 minutes) for its indie shops and luxurious thermal spa.
Closer to home, you can have a nose around Prince Charles’s back garden (25 minutes), or head for Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (30 minutes) to exercise the dogs and marvel at rare trees.
Alternatively, walk sections of the Cotswold Way, accessed from the farm, stroll up to Uley Long Barrow (10 minutes) from base camp, or simply chill with a book and take in those amazing Cotswold views.
This being off-grid camping, amenities on site are few, but do include a loo block. You can park by your pitch and barbecues are allowed – pick up grill supplies from handy shops in Dursley, where there are a handful of good pubs if cooking is off the agenda.
Open from 01/09/2023 to 30/09/2023
This site has no on-site shower facilities.
Minimum spacing of 10 metres between pitches.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
Twin axle vehicles are not permitted on site.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 5 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size: Max 8.0m width x 8.0m depth (26.2ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 64.0m² (688.9ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Absolutely stunning views. Close contact with nature. Minimal but clean …
LINDA BEATA C.Confirmed
Back to basics , one loo and one tap.
Great site,clean toilet and stunning view
Good no frills camping field
Despite the rubbish stormy weather, me, my terrier and my …
Peaceful and basic
If you are looking for a quiet spot away from …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Dark Lane — 6.7 miles
6.7 miles Dark Lane — 6.7 miles
- Train stations
Cam & Dursley Rail Station
— 2.4 miles
2.4 miles Stonehouse Rail Station — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Stroud (Glos) Rail Station — 4.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Lydney Harbour — 8.4 miles
8.4 miles Castle Park Ferry Landing — 20.8 miles
— 14.7 miles
14.7 miles Bristol International Airport — 27.8 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Cotswold Way: accessed from the site
- Horse riding: 10 minutes' drive
- Golf: 15 minutes
- WWT Slimbridge (wading birds): 20 minutes
- Woodchester Mansion Trust (tours of Neo-Gothic house): 20 minutes
- National Trust - Newark Park (walks): 20 minutes
- Highgrove Gardens (tours): 25 minutes
- Stroud (shops, pubs and market): 25 minutes
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum: 30 minutes
vCattle Country Farm Park: 30 minutes
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (4.8 miles)
- Berkeley Castle (6.4 miles)
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (7.8 miles)
- Woodchester Park (1.5 miles)
- Newark Park (4.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||10 p.m.|
Woodleigh cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Woodleigh will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Woodleigh have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodleigh dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodleigh? Local attractions and activities include: - Cotswold Way: accessed from the site - Horse riding: 10 minutes' drive - Golf: 15 minutes - WWT Slimbridge (wading birds): 20 minutes - Woodchester Mansion … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woodleigh?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Woodleigh? From £15 (for 1 night, 5 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability