This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Comfy ensuite glamping domes in peaceful Forest of Dean gardens
- A 10-minute' drive from Puzzlewood and next to the Verderers' Trail
- Bar and restaurant on site with pizza nights and homemade charcuterie
Set up home at The Dome Garden and you’re in for a fab Forest of Dean break. Geodesic domes at this Gloucestershire glamping site are well placed for wandering on woodland trails and breathing in fresh forest air, and they're also handily placed for easy access to shops and pub grub, a mile or so away in Coleford and Berry Hill.
No need to come armed with woodsman skills to survive a night in the forest here: these domes are generously kitted out with all mod cons, including made-up beds, woodburning stoves and private ensuite bathrooms with flushing toilets and woodfired hot showers or baths. Each one also has transparent sections in its roof so you can stay cosy while gazing up at the starry sky above the trees... what a way to drift off to sleep...
With all the essentials taken care of, you’ll have plenty of time to dedicate to the important task of sorting food. Options aplenty present themselves around here: stroll to the nearest pub in 15 minutes or so, or cook over fire in your forest kitchen.
Should flame-creating skills elude you there are two choices: enrol expert help from the folk on site, or give in and let them deal with it all. Pizza nights, dinners on the deck and tasty breakfasts are all cooked up here on a regular basis.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Cantilupe Road — 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Kings Arms — 11.9 miles
- Train stations
Lydney Rail Station
— 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Cam & Dursley Rail Station — 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Chepstow Rail Station — 11.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 7.4 miles
7.4 miles Lydney Harbour — 7.6 miles
7.6 miles Bristol Docks Ferry Landing — 21.4 miles
— 19.7 miles
19.7 miles Bristol International Airport — 29.4 miles
Fresh-air frolics are at every turn in the Forest of Dean. For starters, there are many, many miles of track to trot along, and you can enlist the company of a friendly llama for a chat as you wander. A golf club is a couple of minutes' drive away, and the Verderers’ Trail (tipped by mountain bike gurus as one of the best blue routes in the country) passes by the gate.
Fancy more of that fresh air? An outdoor centre 10 minutes' drive away in Coleford can sort you with adrenaline-fuelled days of gorge walking, kayaking and paddleboarding, or you can descend 60 metres below the surface for underground adventures at Clearwell Caves, also within10 minutes. A more easygoing show cavern tour is available for those who’d prefer to stay closer to daylight.
Time to take it easy for a while? Strolls along the Forest of Dean Sculpture Trail are a five-minute drive away, or your may like to meander around Monmouth Castle or Goodrich Castle (both 15 minutes). The trails, maze and play area at Puzzlewood (10 minutes) are a top pick if you’re getting the nippers involved in nature – the ancient woods here are said to have inspired Tolkien, and telly fans may have spied them before in Dr Who and Merlin.
- Goodrich Castle (4.6 miles)
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (5.2 miles)
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (9.4 miles)
- The Kymin (4.0 miles)
- Westbury Court Garden (7.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Dome Garden have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Dome Garden dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Dome Garden? Fresh-air frolics are at every turn in the Forest of Dean. For starters, there are many, many miles of track to trot along, and you can enlist the company of a friendly … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Dome Garden?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.