This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up site on a farm in the southern part of the Peak District
- A 15-minute drive from Bakewell and 25 from Chatsworth House
- Half an hour from Blue John Cavern for caving experiences
Being 15 minutes’ drive from the tasty tarts and puddings served up in the bakeries of Bakewell, it seems rather fitting that this site is called Custard Fields Camping…
Flock to this delicious-sounding farm, a pop-up park opened just after the hay was baled for the year, for scenic stays in the south of the Peak District National Park. Spots in the fields here – covering a spacious six acres – are available for a short time, so guests can have hols dawdling around Derbyshire.
It’s all about the simple life at this place: spend your days pedalling along the Tissington Trail just up the road (hire bikes a 15-minute walk away in the Parsley Hay cycle centre) or towards Hartington’s three pubs and duck pond (2.5 miles).
While in this village, check out the cheese shop for top treats then bring them back to base for picnics at your pitch. You could also travel to the stately Chatsworth House (25 minutes), the rugged Blue John Cavern (half an hour) or embrace the fab caving, walking, rock climbing, abseiling and river swims in the area.
To continue with the wild experience on site, facilities include a mains water supply and toilet waste.
Open from 18/06/2022 to 30/10/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent site, toilets were clean and staff were lovely!
Great level site, quality grass, no frills
Clean, friendly and good vfm
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.0 miles
6.0 miles Matlock Street — 6.0 miles
6.0 miles Market Place — 8.0 miles
- Train stations
Buxton Rail Station
— 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Matlock Rail Station — 10.0 miles
10.0 miles Dove Holes Rail Station — 10.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 52.4 miles
Sheffield City Airport
— 23.4 miles
23.4 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 23.8 miles
23.8 miles Manchester Airport — 23.9 miles
Once you’ve finished eating your way through Bakewell (15 minutes’ drive), make a beeline for Buxton to stroll among the Georgian buildings of this stately spa town (15 minutes). There’s a Go Ape activity centre nearby for those who want to swap admiring architecture for adventures above the tree canopy.
Or how about some subterranean pursuits? Inspect the inside of Thor’s Cave (20 minutes) or peer around the Blue John Cavern (half an hour), the only place in the world where the semi-precious blue john mineral is found.
Fancy meandering through a manor house or two? You’re in the right place. The Peak District is home to plenty of pretty old buildings, including the famed Chatsworth House (25 minutes) with its 105 acres of manicured land. It’s worth having a look at Haddon Hall (half an hour) as well, particularly for the grand Tudor rooms and Elizabethan gardens.
If the kids are turning up their noses at the mere mention of such historically minded activities, promise them a go on the rides of Gulliver's Kingdom (25 minutes) or perhaps even a cheeky trip to Alton Towers, widely known as one of the UK’s best theme parks.
- Haddon Hall (6.0 miles)
- Chatsworth (8.3 miles)
- Sir Richard Arkwright's Masson Mills (10.3 miles)
- Winster Market House (6.6 miles)
- The Old Manor (13.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||Anytime –||8 p.m.|
Custards Fields Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Custards Fields Camping on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Custards Fields Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Custards Fields Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Custards Fields Camping? Once you’ve finished eating your way through Bakewell (15 minutes’ drive), make a beeline for Buxton to stroll among the Georgian buildings of this stately spa town (15 minutes). There’s a Go … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Custards Fields Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 8 p.m. Depart by: Anytime