This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Site of spectacular scenery a mile and a half from the Dove valley
- Pasture, woodland and wildlife ponds among the site landscape
- 37 acres, trout fishing lake and bar in converted stone stable
What spectacular natural surroundings are these... Strikingly scenic Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park is only a mile and a half from the limestone valley of the River Dove, and a few minutes' walk from the viewsome hikes and bike rides of the Tissington Trail.
There's easy access to nearby Alsop, Eaton and Biggin dales and fab fishing rivers nearby too – or maybe you'd prefer to get more watery among the kayaking and sailing of handsome Carsington Water...?
Rivendale's 37 acres also have variety aplenty, with a mixture of pasture, woodland and various wildlife ponds and a wide range of wildflowers and wildlife. A fly fishing lake is here too: if you've never cast off before give it a whirl as this trout lake is just the ticket for beginners with few obstacles around its banks.
Campfires are allowed in certain areas at Rivendale provided they're contained within firepits. The site amenities are in a toilet and shower block with underfloor heating (swish) and a launderette.
More? There's also a bar in a converted stone stable, open during weekends in low season.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
— 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Buxton Road — 8.3 miles
8.3 miles Fishpond Hotel — 8.3 miles
- Train stations
Matlock Bath Rail Station
— 8.6 miles
8.6 miles Matlock Rail Station — 8.7 miles
8.7 miles Cromford Rail Station — 8.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 55.3 miles
Sheffield City Airport
— 25.5 miles
25.5 miles East Midlands Airport — 26.4 miles
26.4 miles Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 27.5 miles
Local taxi firms include Ashbourne Taxis and ACT Taxis.
The Bowers bus service 442 and 42 travel past Rivendale Caravan Park.
What lovely land this is: Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park is well placed to take in the many highlights of the Peak District and Staffordshire, whether your tastes run to old-school hiking and climbing, or new-fangled days out at the likes of Alton Towers.
Walks are very close to base, like the mile and a half hike from the park to the Dove valley and from there south along the river to the famed Stepping Stones or north to Hartington, or around the dales of Alsop, Eaton and Biggin. The dozens of walks and bike rides of the Tissington Trail can be accessed a couple of hundred metres away.
As well as the on-site trout fishing, anglers can cast off at prime local rivers like the Derwent in Chatsworth Park, the Dove, the Manifold and the Wye, as well as at Carsington Water where there's also kayaking, sailing and windsurfing.
Popular Peak District attractions like the Heights of Abraham falls and the Chatsworth estate are also within easy reach; if you have the kids on hol with you, they'll surely appreciate Rivendale's proximity to the likes of Alton Towers, Gullivers Kingdom and Go Ape too.
Also ask on site about local festivals and events: quite a lot run around here throughout the year.
- Haddon Hall (7.5 miles)
- Sir Richard Arkwright's Masson Mills (8.2 miles)
- Arkwright's Cromford Mills (8.6 miles)
- Winster Market House (5.5 miles)
- The Old Manor (9.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Rivendale Caravan and Leisure Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rivendale Caravan and Leisure Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rivendale Caravan and Leisure Park? What lovely land this is: Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park is well placed to take in the many highlights of the Peak District and Staffordshire, whether your tastes run to old-school hiking … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rivendale Caravan and Leisure Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.