This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly lakeside site with bell tents, a mile from Sandhurst
- A half-hour drive from Legoland Windsor; 40 minutes from Winchester
- Book ahead for open water swims and watersports on the lake
On-site activities meet chilled-out glamping stays at Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre, a family-friendly site covering about 22 acres of the Berkshire countryside a mile from Sandhurst.
This is the kind of place where you can be as active or as relaxed as you wish… Those seeking energetic times can book ahead for paddleboarding, kayaking and open-water swims at the lake, and everyone can get stuck into the aeroball game on site too. Meanwhile, those in search of quieter times may like to take strolls along the water's edge to look out for wildlife, or head out on a public footpath that links up to the Three Castles Walk, a long-distance path running from Winchester to Windsor.
Whichever of these approaches you go for, back at base you'll be staying in comfy bell tents sleeping up to four people (they've got log burners for warmth, but just remember you need to bring your own bedding with you…) A campers’ kitchen has a kettle, microwave and toaster (plus plates, pots, cups etc) for any meals you’d like to cater, and there's also a shared barbecue area with outdoor seating if you'd like to get an outdoor grill going.
Fancy letting someone else do the honours with your holiday catering? It’s handy to note that the centre has an Italian-style café that’s open throughout the day for sandwiches, pastries, snacks and drinks; there are also pubs, cafés and takeaways a few minutes' drive away in Sandhurst.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Kingsmead Bus Termini
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Kingsmead Bus Termini — 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Bracknell Bus Station — 5.4 miles
- Train stations
Sandhurst Rail Station
— 0.9 miles
0.9 miles Crowthorne Rail Station — 1.2 miles
1.2 miles Blackwater Rail Station — 2.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Shepperton Ferry Landing
— 16.1 miles
16.1 miles Weybridge Ferry Landing — 16.1 miles
16.1 miles Moulsey - Hurst Park Ferry Landing — 20.4 miles
London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
— 16.8 miles
16.8 miles London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 — 17.7 miles
17.7 miles London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 — 18.0 miles
Kids a little too small for the watersports on site? Jake’s Playworld (two minutes’ drive) is a good spot for the teenies, with a mini farm and colourful indoor play barn. If you don't mind a slightly longer drive, there are also some great kid-pleasing days to be had at Legoland Windsor (half an hour) or Thorpe Park Resort (35 minutes).
Sneak in a little bit of a science lesson at The Look Out Discovery Centre, which has all sorts of hands-on displays to explore. Alternatively, pack in a bit more activity on the rapids and waterslides at the Coral Reef Water World pool complex (with a sauna and spa for the grownups) or the lofty rope courses of Go Ape Bracknell. All are 15 minutes’ drive away.
Heading south, it'll take you about 40 minutes to drive to Winchester to wander its ancient streets and visit its cathedral and museums, or about 50 minutes to get to Marwell Zoo to meet all sorts of animals.
- The Look Out Discovery Centre (4.4 miles)
- LEGOLAND® Windsor (10.7 miles)
- Windsor Great Park (10.8 miles)
- West Green House Garden (5.7 miles)
- The Vyne (11.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre? Kids a little too small for the watersports on site? Jake’s Playworld (two minutes’ drive) is a good spot for the teenies, with a mini farm and colourful indoor play barn. If … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12:30 p.m.