This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Relaxed campsite by the river Thames in Pangbourne, Berkshire
- Pangbourne station 10 minutes' walk; Basildon Park 10 minutes' drive
- Direct access to the Thames Path; half a mile from a café
Meadow Farm Camping is a laidback site with direct access to the scenic banks of the River Thames. Located in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the edge of Pangbourne, Berkshire, this site is within easy reach of great local amenities including half a dozen pubs, a café, restaurants, shops and a railway station (making Meadow Farm Camping an excellent base if you're looking to leave the car at home).
The site also has direct access to the long-distance Thames Path trail, but a lot of more manageable walks are around in the local area too if you're not feeling quite so ambitious – strolls around riverside locations like Basildon Park and Beale Park (both 10 minutes' drive) are equally relaxing and will show you several of the landscapes that inspired Kenneth Grahame's 'The Wind in the Willows'. Fishing, boating, golf and lots of other outdoor pursuits are available in the local area too.
Meadow Farm Camping is located on the south bank of the Thames with views over Whitchurch Bridge. Facilities here are simple and include portable toilets and cold running water. Dogs, commercial vehicles, barbecues and well-tended campfires are all welcome.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great location and friendly staff
From the manager...
Sorry, the toilets at the entrance filled up quicker than expected and with stranded festival goers calling me up to get lifts back in the early hours I overslept, so toilets were neglected for a while on Sunday morning.
friendly owner good location close to reading easy to find
From the manager...
So sorry about the noise levels, this weekend was Reading Festival and apart from having a few festival goers in the sound from the festival can be clearly heard at our campsite.
Definitely stopping here again!
The location was brilliant with a nice towpath and field …
From the manager...
Hi Kelly, yes we did have a problem getting the toilets emptied, Will definitely get extra toilets when fully booked in future. Thanks
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.1 miles
3.1 miles Bus Station — 12.2 miles
12.2 miles Lewknor Turn M40 J6 — 13.8 miles
- Train stations
Pangbourne Rail Station
— 0.5 miles
0.5 miles Tilehurst Rail Station — 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Goring & Streatley Rail Station — 3.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Shepperton Ferry Landing
— 27.8 miles
27.8 miles Weybridge Ferry Landing — 27.8 miles
London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
— 25.5 miles
25.5 miles London Oxford Airport — 26.0 miles
26.0 miles London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 — 26.7 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Basildon Park: 10 minutes' drive
- Beale Park: 10 minutes
- Caversham Heath Golf Course: 20 minutes
- Reading Museum: 20 minutes
- Greys Court: 25 minutes
- Henley-on-Thames: 30 minutes
- Highclere Castle: 35 minutes
- Oxford: 40 minutes.
- Didcot Railway Centre (11.2 miles)
- West Wycombe Park (14.0 miles)
- The Look Out Discovery Centre (16.0 miles)
- Basildon Park (2.1 miles)
- Greys Court (6.6 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Meadow Farm Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Meadow Farm Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Meadow Farm Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Basildon Park: 10 minutes' drive - Beale Park: 10 minutes - Caversham Heath Golf Course: 20 minutes - Reading Museum: 20 minutes - Greys Court: 25 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Meadow Farm Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.