This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up site in the grounds of Beale Park’s estate and wildlife park
- A 15-minute walk from Basildon Park; 20 minutes’ drive to Reading
- Riverside pubs, restaurants and playgrounds within walking distance
Bed down in the Berkshire countryside, where Beale Wildlife Park is a family-friendly base in the grounds of Beale Park’s estate and wildlife park. Alongside the river Thames, this pop-up site is on the boundary between two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Chiltern Hills and the North Wessex Downs.
Those of you with the family in tow will have lots to do here. As well as walks in the surrounding countryside, Beale Park has plenty of play areas, a miniature railway, gardens and animals. Guests here get up to 45% off tickets to Beale Wildlife Park too, so a visit to the animal world may also be on the cards. And when you’ve run all of those down, The National Trust’s Basildon Park is just 15 minutes’ walk away.
Riverside pubs and restaurants up your alley too? Handily, the site is 40 minutes’ walk away from the village of Pangbourne, where these make quite the nice spot for a meal out followed by a wander along the river Thames.
The site is professionally run by the Caravan and Motorhome Club and welcomes everyone, including dogs. The facilities here include showers, a toilet block and barbecues permitted so you may get your basic bits for the grill from the village’s shops if you’ve brought one along.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Very impressed with a new pop up site. Facilities were very clean.
Fantastic pop up site
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
- Coach stations
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Bus Station — 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Lewknor Turn M40 J6 — 13.3 miles
- Train stations
Goring & Streatley Rail Station
— 1.5 miles
1.5 miles Pangbourne Rail Station — 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Tilehurst Rail Station — 4.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Shepperton Ferry Landing
— 29.6 miles
29.6 miles Weybridge Ferry Landing — 29.6 miles
London Oxford Airport
— 24.3 miles
24.3 miles London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 — 27.1 miles
27.1 miles London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 — 28.3 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Basildon Park (National Trust country estate with 400 acres of historic parkland and gardens, peaceful trails, picnic places and playgrounds): 15 minutes’ walk
- The Chiltern Way (134-mile walking route through the AONB’s historic landscape, villages, downlands, woods and fields): 15 minutes’ drive
- The Living Rainforest (tropical rainforest home to over 850 species of plants and animals, including rare and endangered species such as iguanas, two-toed sloth and carpet pythons): 20 minutes
- Reading: 20 minutes
- Silchester Roman City Walls & Amphitheatre (tours of a preserved archaeological site with Roman city walls and seventh-century amphitheatre): half an hour
- Greys Court (National Trust's Tudor country house and gardens): half an hour
- Donnington Castle (twin-towered gatehouse from the 14th century): 35 minutes.
- Didcot Railway Centre (9.2 miles)
- West Wycombe Park (14.2 miles)
- Highclere Castle and Gardens (16.2 miles)
- Basildon Park (0.5 miles)
- Greys Court (7.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Beale Wildlife Park Pop-Up Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Beale Wildlife Park Pop-Up Campsite will debit the balance from your card 12 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 12 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Beale Wildlife Park Pop-Up Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Beale Wildlife Park Pop-Up Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Beale Wildlife Park Pop-Up Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Basildon Park (National Trust country estate with 400 acres of historic parkland and gardens, peaceful trails, picnic places and playgrounds): 15 minutes’ walk - The Chiltern … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Beale Wildlife Park Pop-Up Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.