This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glampsite set in 10 acres of pastureland near Newbury in Berkshire
- A 15-minute drive to Hungerford, Greenham Common and Highclere Castle
- Shepherd’s hut heated by woodburner; exclusive use of shower hut
Sitting pretty on a 10-acre Berkshire field near Newbury, Hamstead Huts offers up cosy, shepherd’s hut accommodation, all beautifully kitted out with stylish furnishings and a woodburner to keep everyone nice and warm on cooler days. It’s a lovely spot for a couples’ bolthole or for families sleeping up to four.
Nearby, guests have sole use of separate shower and compostable toilet huts. Other amenities include a firepit with tripod grill and outdoor seating.
Located in the historic village of Hamstead Marshall, the shepherd’s hut is walking distance from the Kennet and Avon Canal and that all-important village pub.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Charnham Lane — 5.0 miles
5.0 miles Charnham Lane — 5.0 miles
- Train stations
Kintbury Rail Station
— 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Newbury Rail Station — 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Newbury Racecourse Rail Station — 4.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Southampton Vehicle Ferry Terminal
— 34.3 miles
— 30.6 miles
Please note that the postcode will take you to a farm building – this is not connected to Hamstead Huts. To reach your accommodation, continue for about 200 metres along the road as it bends to the right – the gate to the site is on the right.
Local attractions and activities:
- Kennet and Avon Canal: 15 minutes’ walk
- Hungerford (antique shops): 15 minutes’ drive
- Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey): 15 minutes
- Golf: 15 minutes
- Greenham Common Control Tower and Café: 15 minutes
- Newbury Racecourse: 20 minutes
- The Nature Discovery Centre: 20 minutes
- Bucklebury Farm and Deer Safari Park: 25 minutes
- Marlborough (shops and galleries): half an hour
- Crofton Beam Engines: half an hour.
- Highclere Castle and Gardens (4.9 miles)
- Uffington Castle, White Horse and Dragon Hill (14.7 miles)
- Didcot Railway Centre (16.7 miles)
- Sandham Memorial Chapel (4.5 miles)
- Ashdown House (12.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hamstead Huts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hamstead Huts dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hamstead Huts? Local attractions and activities: - Kennet and Avon Canal: 15 minutes’ walk - Hungerford (antique shops): 15 minutes’ drive - Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey): 15 minutes - Golf: 15 minutes - Greenham … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hamstead Huts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.