Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful park surrounded by prehistoric and Paleolithic attractions
- Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area within 45 minutes' drive
- Within walking distance of Vernal's restaurants, shops and museums
You won't have to dig too deep to unearth why Fossil Valley RV Park is so revered by guests far and wide. This quiet and spacious family park is surrounded by dinosaur fossils and footprints among spectacular Utah countryside, and has a hugely friendly vibe alongside aeons' worth of things to do all around.
The park is in the Utah town of Vernal, the biggest town in Uintah County. It's within strolling distance of shops and restaurants; an 18-hole golf course, hiking and biking trails as well as 4X4 driving are within easy reach, and the Colorado border – and the spectacular 200,000-acre Dinosaur National Monument – is 25 minutes' drive away along Bush Creek Road.
The large and level accommodation areas have full RV hook-ups with gravel parking spots and a grassy area partially shaded by mature trees. Amenities include a laundry room and an accessible bathroom block with toilets, washbasins and showers. Free wifi is available.
Barbecues are allowed and picnic tables are all around the park.
A charge of US$1.00 (£0.81) applies for the use of the shower.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Fully-serviced grass and gravel pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent or Trailer tent or Campervan or Touring caravan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass and gravel
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
This is #1 on our list of all the RV …
Very mature shade trees and well kept park. School field …
Big sites great host walked along side our truck to …
Very friendly manager!! So, so helpful and nice.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
History ancient and modern is all around here: start off at the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum five minutes' drive away for prehistory-themed interactive exhibits and activities, in a geology hall, anthropology hall, natural history hall and dinosaur garden. Then zip forward a few million years with a look around the Uintah County Heritage Museum and its exhibitions showcasing Native American artefacts, alongside art displays, a gallery and a gift shop.
A must-see is the 200,000-acre Dinosaur National Monument, 15 miles away on the border between Utah and Colorado where the Green and Yampa rivers meet. Delve into the area's rock formations to see the countless dinosaur fossils and footprints, ancient stone carvings and cave paintings only discovered in the early 20th century.
For outdoor days, the green forests, cascading rivers and emerald lakes of the Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area are within 45 minutes' drive. Make your way to the 91-mile Flaming Gorge Reservoir for water-based activities from waterskiing and jetskiing to boating and houseboating. Fishing is another popular pastime at Flaming Gorge, where special regulations ensure the waters' brown and rainbow trout stocks remain in full flow.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
Fossil Valley RV Park cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Fossil Valley RV Park on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkAmerican Express
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Fossil Valley RV Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Fossil Valley RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Fossil Valley RV Park? History ancient and modern is all around here: start off at the Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum five minutes' drive away for prehistory-themed interactive exhibits and activities, in … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Fossil Valley RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Fossil Valley RV Park? From £44.80 (for 1 night, 6 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability