This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Slow-paced woodland site in scenic western Massachusetts Berkshires
- A 10-minute drive from downtown Pittsfield, 25 minutes from Tanglewood
- Outdoor pool, playground, woodland trails and free hot showers
Who hasn’t daydreamed about spending holidays in the Berkshires once or twice in their lives? Stays at Bonnie Brae Campground, a family-friendly spot just 10 minutes’ drive from downtown Pittsfield, Massachusetts, put you in a top location for the Berkshires getaway you’ve always wanted.
The site is well placed for all sorts of outdoor activities. A five-minute walk or less than five minutes’ drive (less than half a mile) from Pontoosuc Lake, it puts boating, kayaking, canoeing, waterskiing and fishing within easy reach of base.
Prefer to keep feet dry? Plenty of hiking trails and long-distance walking routes can be joined or started nearby, including wanders in Balance Rock State Park and Pittsfield State Forest (10 minutes), along the Shaker Trail (15 minutes) or the Ashuwillticook Trail (five minutes), and along part (or all?) of the 2,200 mile Appalachian Trail (15 minutes).
Cool off after days on the move with a dip in the outdoor swimming pool or by sitting (or strolling) in the shade of the woodland that backs onto the site, while kids get extra energy out on the playground. Visiting at chillier times? Many of the pitches have fire rings, and firewood is for sale in the office. Otherwise, simply warm up with a hot shower, which guests can have for free in the amenities block.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisurely stays ought to get started with an afternoon or two on the links five minutes’ drive from base, where guests can play through on the 18-hole course before heading into Pittsfield itself (10 minutes’ drive) to explore the arboretum, visit the Berkshire Museum, wander about Samuel Harrison House and Herman Melville’s Arrowhead, and spend a few bucks in stores.
Get a further feel for the area’s history at the museum of paper making (10 minutes), the Hancock Shaker Village (20 minutes) and the Norman Rockwell museum (35 minutes). The site’s also just 25 minutes from the famed Tanglewood – the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra – and the Clark Art Institute, and 30 minutes from the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art.
For culture of a different sort, head along to the Lebanon Valley Speedway (30 minutes) for races and track days, or let things take a more laidback turn on vineyard tours and wine tastings at the nearby winery (15 minutes).
City days are a cinch too, as it’s about an hour’s drive to Albany and its museums, river tours and shopping, as well as visits to the Schuyler Mansion and the New York State Capitol.
- Does Bonnie Brae Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Bonnie Brae Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bonnie Brae Campground? Leisurely stays ought to get started with an afternoon or two on the links five minutes’ drive from base, where guests can play through on the 18-hole course before heading into Pittsfield … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bonnie Brae Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.