This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside setting with sauna, Jacuzzi and pool
- Direct access to a fine fishing lake
- Restaurant with terrace overlooking the water
Might you know what 'kraja' means in Sámi? Rather aptly for a site this swishly spectacular, it translates as 'a place to long for' – a feeling that will descend very much upon you once you gaze upon these site pics. (This seems an appropriate place to point out that there's a sauna and hot tub here too.)
Kraja Camping's main building was built in 1869 as a home for local doctors and foresters, and the resort has welcomed holiday guests since the 1950s, keeping its nineteenth century character but adding smart facilities neatly blended in.
As well as the evening sauna and outdoor Jacuzzi, this Arjeplog Municipality site has a lake for fishing in or pedal boating on, a big pool, a playground and bouncy castle, a games area and mini golf. Amenities include a facilities block with hot showers and toilets; a communal kitchen and a laundry room.
Also as you'd expect with a site so plush, Kraja comes with a restaurant too, for afternoon drinks or evening meals from its a la carte menu – all overlooking the lake. And if you prefer to cook for yourself via a glass of tasty vino? A food shop is on site and a barbecue area overlooks the water too.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
If you're reckoning on Arjeplog for your next Swedish or summer holiday, you'll be in prime position for outdoor activities, among a thousand lakes, deeply dense forests, warm weather hiking, cycling and birdwatching, and dog-sledding, snowmobiling and ice skating in winter in the colder months.
Fisherfolk should pack their rods and kit as Kraja Camping has direct access to what the owners reckon is one of the best fishing lakes in Sweden; you'll also be within easy driving distance of more fine fishing for trout, char and pike at the other top Swedish fishing destinations of Uddjaure, Storavan and Horavan, the deepest lake in the land.
On the water, kayak your way around the lakes for calmly peaceful days in spectacular surroundings; on land, pedal to the lake of Sälla a couple of kilometres away for picnics among yet more lush lakeside landscapes.
- Does Kraja Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Kraja Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kraja Camping? If you're reckoning on Arjeplog for your next Swedish or summer holiday, you'll be in prime position for outdoor activities, among a thousand lakes, deeply dense forests, warm weather hiking, cycling and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kraja Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12 p.m.