This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Riverside site in a small quiet town 15 minutes from Gothenburg
- A 100-metre stroll from Bohus Fortress, viewable from the site
- Bus stop close by with services on the Grön Express
A quiet riverside retreat in Sweden's west, near golf courses and fishing ponds… and with within walking distance of town via a viewsome waterside promenade… this coastal site is a little gem.
Head here for serene stays in a small town: Kungälvs Camping is on the outskirts of the Kungälv Municipality and Västra Götaland County town of Färjevägen, within a minute or two's saunter from shops and cafés. (Rather fably, a vanilla scents wafts over the grounds when the nearby Bräckboden factory bakes its famed biscuits.)
Lush scenery is all around, as the site is on the banks of the Nordre Älv river separating the island of Hisingen from the mainland, and is a mere 100-metre stroll from the medieval pile of Bohus Fortress which can be seen from the Kungälvs Camping grounds. Days out of all sorts are all around too: Kungälvs Camping is 15 minutes' drive from Gothenburg, Sweden's second biggest urban area, and half an hour from the popular seaside resort of Marstrand and the island of Koön.
And as for the essentials? All thoroughly sorted too, with facilities including a communal kitchen for washing-up and drinking water, and a homely on-site café dishing up sandwiches, coffee and ice cream.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
It's a cinch to get out and about around here even if you want to ditch the car for the duration of your hol: the local bus stop (Eriksdal) is a few hundred metres away for services on the Grön Express. Hail it for the 20-minute journey to Gothenburg, a port and university city crammed with museums, events, and parks; the city's also home to the biggest film festival in Scandinavia, as well as the Gothenburg Book Fair, the second biggest in Europe.
Around 35 minutes' journey on the same service will land you and your adventurous small sorts at Liseberg, the much-visited amusement park with rollercoasters (including the famed Balder), rides and regular events. It's 10 minutes by bus to the town centre of Kungälvs for shops, restaurants and a peacefully green setting slope below Bohus Fortress: Kungälvs is also the home of the aforementioned famed biscuit factory...
If you do have a car with you, it's recommended you make it over to Marstrand (25 minutes) for days of kayaking, scuba diving and seal-spotting, or a day of poking about in the fortress, art museum and cute shops.
- Does Kungälvs Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kungälvs Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kungälvs Camping? It's a cinch to get out and about around here even if you want to ditch the car for the duration of your hol: the local bus stop (Eriksdal) is a few … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Kungälvs Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.