This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the lobster and oyster town of Grebbestad
- Within a short stroll of a beach
- Sauna, whirlpool and café-restaurant
If you seek shellfish, seek a stay at Grebbestad Fjorden. This Västra Götaland County site is at the town of Grebbestad, a top Swedish shellfish spot in the northern Bohuslän, and a place filled to the gills with shellfish cafés dishing up freshly-landed seafood.
(And if you're a particular lobster – or an oyster – fan? Grebbestad lands over half of Swedish lobsters from these waters and from those of neighbouring Norway, and is the top spot in the land for harvesting giant European oysters.)
Among the modern facilities at this family-run and pet-friendly Swedish site are a sauna and a whirlpool bath to sink into, mini golf, a sports court, a pétanque court and an on-site café-restaurant to take care of more foodie essentials. A beach is within a few minutes' walk.
Regular sports tournaments are organised by the Grebbestad Fjorden; bike hire is available on site too.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Much shellfish should be had in this part of Sweden at the fishing port of Grebbestad and the many seafood restaurants around the campsite. The Grebbestad Fjorden team recommends one of the most visited at Everts Sjöbod, a nineteenth century boathouse hosting oyster tastings and seafood buffets.
If you want to see it all behind the scenes, book an oyster safari with the only licensed oyster fishermen in Sweden, Everts Sjöbod’s Lars and Peter Klemming: seafood seekers can go out with them to land oysters, as well as fish for mackerel and help to pull in the pots of lobster and crab.
Also around and reachable by foot or by pedal for a day out is the Tjurpannan Nature Reserve south of Havstenssund, an exposed coastal spot of spectacular scenery, steep cliffs and rambling over its rocks. Bring the fishing rod if you're planning a trip here, for lush specimens can be easily landed in this part of the Bohuslän coast too.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Grebbestad Fjorden have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Grebbestad Fjorden dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Grebbestad Fjorden? Much shellfish should be had in this part of Sweden at the fishing port of Grebbestad and the many seafood restaurants around the campsite. The Grebbestad Fjorden team recommends one of the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Grebbestad Fjorden?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.