This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Next to the sea with spectacular sea views
- Family-friendly with events and activities
- Restaurant serving traditional Swedish food
A Swedish site, next to the sea, two kilometres from a splendid birdwatching nature reserve and – cough – within half an hour's drive of the biggest shopping centre in Scandinavia all sounds jolly jolly hurrahsome. And then there are the water wars, sandcastle building and sports tournaments as part of the family activities and events organised on site by the Björkängs Camping team...
If you prefer to take things more peacefully man, less hectic pastimes like sandcastle building and sports tournaments are also arranged, alongside the Ktteklubben kids' club in peak season. And! The site not only has a sauna – in a beach hut, no less – but the said sauna is free.
Also on this pleasant Halland province park is a restaurant serving traditional Swedish food as well as international dishes; a grocery shop selling freshly made bread every morning, a playground and a pétanque court.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Coast, sand and birds are all close by: Getterön Nature Reserve is only a couple of kilometres north of Björkängs Camping's local town of Tvaaker and is well known among twittering types in northern Europe for its varied birdwatching. Look out for geese, swans, terns and avocets among its feathery inhabitants; birds of prey sightings are also frequent.
Fifteen minutes' drive will take you to Varberg, a summer seaside resort among the beaches that Varverg municipality and Halland are famed for. The town's medieval fortress is well worth a look: it's been used as a fort, castle and museum throughout its history and these days contains a museum. And possibly a monster, lurking deep within the depths of its moat...
Several sandy beaches and their dunes are within easy reach of the site, including three nudist beaches for those all-over tans. And that shopping centre? It's Gekås in Ullared, half an hour's drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Björkängs Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Björkängs Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Björkängs Camping? Coast, sand and birds are all close by: Getterön Nature Reserve is only a couple of kilometres north of Björkängs Camping's local town of Tvaaker and is well known among twittering types … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Björkängs Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.
Please call the site using the number in the confirmation email if you are arriving after 6pm.Read more