This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up glampsite for surfing and Pamplona’s San Fermin festival
- Beach within walking distance; 25 minutes' drive from San Sebastián
- Breakfast, dinner, surf lessons and yoga included
As soon as you rock up to Zarautz Surf Camp and get your free welcome drink, you’ll be kicking off a fine time in the Basque Country: a hol at this party and surf-centric park will have you overlooking one of Spain’s best wave-riding bays, a 25-minute drive from the pretty city of San Sebastián.
As for where you’ll sleep, this pop-up site has a selection of twin-share tents all set up with inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags to up the chances of a decent night’s snooze. The free breakfast and morning yoga class will help you counteract the effects of the night before and you’ll have lunch to take away to the beach when the waves are working hard. With two hours of lessons included each day, sessions in the water are guaranteed.
If the surf’s not up, mess around with the skim boards, skateboards and poi balls or get involved in activities like football, volleyball games and beach frisbee with the rest of the crew. For all the ultra-adventurous sorts out there, coastal hikes and cliff jumping can be tried out as well.
With the pintxo bars and beachside clubs of Zarautz just a short walk away, you can party on through to the small hours… or just chill on site with a beer and the sunset view over Zarautz's 2.5-kilometre sandy stretch of beach.
But what of the bull-running fest…? Being around an hour and 10 minutes by a shuttle (extra fee) from Pamplona during the San Fermin festival means you’ll be far enough away from the all-out madness yet close enough if you want to give sauntering through the streets in front of a horned animal a go if you're here at the right time.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Surf school nearby
San Sebastián was European Capital of Culture in 2016 – and it shows. Journey for 25 minutes by car or take the train there to wend your way around the Old Town, factoring in stops at bars for pintxos and Michelin-starred restaurants for ace eats before topping it all off with some time at Basque Country jewel, the Bay of La Concha. If it's culture you're after, you could also swing by the San Telmo and naval museums.
For a day trip, Bilbao’s an hour away from the pop-up site, a place of art (the famed Guggenheim's here) and architecture… drop by César Pelli’s Iberdrola Tower, Philippe Starck’s Azkuna Zentroa-Alhóndiga Bilbao and the Isozaki Towers to see the best buildings of the city.
- Does Zarautz Surf Camp have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Zarautz Surf Camp dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Zarautz Surf Camp? San Sebastián was European Capital of Culture in 2016 – and it shows. Journey for 25 minutes by car or take the train there to wend your way around the Old Town, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Zarautz Surf Camp?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 12 a.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.