This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up site for the San Vino wine festival in late June
- Street parties and huge wine fight in the Rioja village of Haro
- Breakfast, festival entry, pool party and tents included
Love red wine so much you’d actually like to bathe in it? Then you'll fit right in on Stoke Travel’s San Vino at Camping De Haro, a Rioja riot held in the little town of Haro over the last weekend of June.
Panic not at the sight of torrents of red liquid strewn all over the streets and soaking folk at every turn – that’s not blood but red wine, for the Batalla de Vino fiesta revolves around a great wine fight, flinging gallons of the stuff at everyone you meet.
You’ll be getting stuck in too of course, with a generous supply of booze provided for this very purpose. Don some clothes you don’t mind wrecking, fill your water pistol and head out into the streets to join the mayhem. You'll be well warmed up by then, as the wine fight is preceded by an all-night party where locals and incomers hop between bars and street parties, dancing, eating and generally making merry ahead of the main event.
Worried that all this sounds like it might be a sad waste of decent booze? Not at all – this is the stuff that's been deemed not good enough to drink, and it’s actually an ancient way of getting it back to the land to fertilise next year’s vines (any excuse for a party…). Much better quality are the drinks (wine, natch, and beer for a change of vibe) available on site, and the chef-prepared food that's served up for breakfast.
Your food’s thrown in with the price here, as is your entry to the wine fight, plus a pool party where you can recover from your Rioja soaking while DJs do their stuff in the sun.
Open from 27/06/2021 to 30/06/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Your whole weekend here will be packed with parties so there won’t be much time for sightseeing. But if you'd like to stick around in the area for a few days, there’s plenty to see and do. Haro is the epicentre of a cluster of vineyards where you can take tours and tastings (don’t get into the habit of chucking it about – this is the good stuff…).
Moving on, you may like to walk off the inevitable several days’ worth of hangover in the forests of the Montes Obarenes-San Zadornil Natural Park or with a dose of mountain air in the Sierra de Cebollera Natural Park. Both are around half an hour's drive.
Alternatively, head to the north coast to Bilbao (an hour’s drive) for beach time and arty strolls around the Guggenheim Museum, or to San Sebastián (an hour and a half) to keep the eats and drinks theme going with a lengthy crawl around the city’s famed pintxos bars.
- Does San Vino at Camping De Haro have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is San Vino at Camping De Haro dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near San Vino at Camping De Haro? Your whole weekend here will be packed with parties so there won’t be much time for sightseeing. But if you'd like to stick around in the area for a few days, there’s … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of San Vino at Camping De Haro?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.