This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family site in the Sierras de Bejar y Francia Biosphere Reserve
- A five-minute drive from the spectacular monument town of La Alberca
- Pool, café terrace and restaurant serving regional dishes and jamón
If it's old and ancient Spain you're after, in a land of history, heritage and Spanish mountains, make a pilgrimage to Camping Al-Bereka just outside the traditional town of La Alberca.
La Alberca has been settled by peoples of all sorts since before Roman times, and has the churches, old buildings and religious architecture to show for it: there are reasons aplenty why the town was the first in Spain to be given National Historic Monument Status... Elsewhere around the area, this site's Castile and Leon locale an hour from Salamanca is between the Batuecas valley and the sparsely inhabited Sierra de France: seriously, if you want peaceful and old Spain, among mountain hikes and biking trails, this is the place to find it.
And your back-at-base place among the whole heap? Camping Al-Bereka is well set up for site days in between all the sightseeing, with facilities for grownups and kids as well as mucho room for taking it easy, sunning oneself, and ensuring an adequate supply of regular drinks and snacks.
There's a summer outdoor pool and a paddling pool for all ages to splash around in or sunbathe by... after that, make your way to the cafeteria terrace for a late breakfast of coffee and toast, or snacks from the region including the famed local black ham. For other eats, the roomy restaurant runs a mountain kitchen where you can work your way through other regional cuisine such as grilled meats, limón serrano salad and revolconas potatoes with paprika and Iberian pork belly.
The site also has a communal stone barbecue area; pick up supplies at the speciality ham shop in La Alberca.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Local town La Alberca is in the Sierras de Bejar y Francia Biosphere Reserve, a chunk of the Salamanca province made up of mountains, religious sites and traditional villages; look out for the likes of black storks and ibexes around here too. In town, fortify your investigative self at the tapas bars or the cafés in the main square, before ambling along to the tourist office for details of local hikes.
Taking to the car, province capital Salamanca an hour's drive to the north east is a must-see in these parts for its UNESCO World Heritage Site Old City, stacks more ancient buildings and many handsome city squares. Over a dozen museums are around the city too, including the Casa Lis art nouveau and art deco museum and the Museum of Salamanca.
The spectacular settlement of Ciudad Rodrigo 35 minutes' drive away is another must-see for its 13th- and 17th-century town walls, golden stone buildings, cathedral and Plaza Mayor square.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Al-Bereka have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Al-Bereka dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Al-Bereka? Local town La Alberca is in the Sierras de Bejar y Francia Biosphere Reserve, a chunk of the Salamanca province made up of mountains, religious sites and traditional villages; look out for … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Al-Bereka?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.