This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Direct access to a sandy beach on the Cantabrian coast
- Playground, games room, mini market and restaurant/bar
- Near several kilometres of beach and coastal walking/cycle routes
Direct access to a sandy beach on the splendid Cantabrian coast is a fine enough feature of Camping Playa La Arena to sort a stay here for a fine long time. But. Have a (lengthy) look at that spectacular beach, a wide expanse of sand only seconds from the site – might it be surmised that you'll be staying at La Arena for a fine long time indeed?
The beach is just a teeny example of the sands you'll have easy access to on your Cantabrian coast stay: several more are within a short drive, such as the sands and waters of Noja – a popular place for snorkelling, surfing and canoeing – or of smashing Santander, which is only 15 minutes' scenic drive along the coast.
Camping Playa La Arena is a big and green site welcoming families and groups. It has good provisions for kids, including a summer club with activities including outdoor films, games and parties, and a colourful and well kitted out playground for any small sorts who are still a tad too energetic after a day at the beach.
You'll want to spend mucho time too on the bar-restaurant terrace, drinking in the spectacular views along with your cocktail, or munching on one (for 'one': read 'many') of the meals available from its menu of local and international dishes. There's a mini market on site too, as well as a café; barbecues are allowed.
Camping Playa La Arena also has a games room and evening entertainment.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Lovely site more site info wild be helpful re where things are.
Stunning views of the beach, direct private access to the beach.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Muy buena experiencia, para repetir.
Excelente camping con instalaciones limpias,,parcelas grandes y con so
Camping familiar y tranquilo. Baños y zonas comunes muy limpios. …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
If you've any sense, you'll spend most of your time on the splendid sands slap bang next to the site, but do carve out some time too for other excellent spots on the Cantabrian coast, along the river estuary and into the scenic countryside. For watersports, paddleboarding is available within a kilometre and snorkelling, canoeing and surfing within 10 at Noja.
A must-do day is to be spent among the old buildings and the Magdalena Palace (and beaches) of Santander, 45 minutes' drive away, then zipping on if poss to see the medieval buildings of Comillas, about an hour and 10 minutes from the site.
The nearby Santoña, Victoria and Joyel Marshes Nature Park is a well-known Cantabrian coast habitat for spotting marine wildlife and migrating birds. About 40 minutes away, the Cabárceno Nature Park, 17 kilometres from Santander, is home to beasties such as cobras, rattlesnakes, bears, ostriches and elephants, in a safari park setting for animal and environmental protection.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Playa La Arena have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Playa La Arena dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Playa La Arena? If you've any sense, you'll spend most of your time on the splendid sands slap bang next to the site, but do carve out some time too for other excellent spots on … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Playa La Arena?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.