This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spectacularly scenic riverside site in the Sierra Norte Natural Park
- Close to an 18-kilometre Vio Verde greenway for cycling and hiking
- On-site restaurant serving local cuisine and Andalusian wines
What a splendid spot this is… Right on banks of the Huéznar river and among the mountains of Huelva in the splendid Sierra Norte Natural Park, Camping Batán de las Monjas' setting is a scenic one filled with pretty old towns and villages, lush green valleys, hills, woodlands and rivers: get ready to do a lot of walking, plenty of pedalling and lots of wildlife spotting for the likes of bobcats, wild boars, deer, mouflon and imperial eagles.
Previous guests have been mightily chuffed with Camping Batán's restaurant, which has a cracking menu filled with traditional local faves including seasonal game stews, Iberian hams and cheeses, and the puréed tomato and bread dish, salmorejo – all to be washed down with Andalusian wine. A pretty terrace for alfresco dining under the shade of a pergola roof is to hand during summer, and in winter staff will have the fireplace readied for cosy fireside eats.
Swimming and fishing on site are a cinch from this riverside setting; cycling peeps can hire bikes on site to access the popular Via Verde greenway next door, and walkers will be similarly pleased to know that the area around the site is somewhat of a walkers' paradise.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
A great spot in a beautiful area.
Stunning location, home cooked local food
Peace and quiet, lovely setting, close to the via Verde …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Mooie plek vriendelijk personeel
Volvemos sin duda
Genial espacio para relajarse bañarse en el río y disfrutar
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Camping Batán de las Monjas' greenly scenic setting In the Sierra Norte Natural Park is within easy reach of outdoorsy options such as horse riding, cycling, hiking and fishing.
Seasoned cyclists can join the Via Verde trail, an 18-kilometre-long greenway following the Huéznar river alongside an old mining railway, and braver beings can go climbing at the famed Cerro del Hierro, five kilometres south of San Nicolás del Puerto on the road between Constantina and Cazalla.
Huéznar waterfalls, around seven kilometres from base, are a fab spot for wildlife watching; if you're a keen photographer this is a prime opp for a nature-based snap fest too – keep your lens at the ready for the grey heron, kingfishers, otters, Spanish pond turtles and other creatures.
Andalusia is also famed for its gastronomy and artisanal local produce: dedicate some time to visiting one of its many traditional bodegas de vino, anise distilleries and Iberian ham farms.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Batán de las Monjas have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Batán de las Monjas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Batán de las Monjas? Camping Batán de las Monjas' greenly scenic setting In the Sierra Norte Natural Park is within easy reach of outdoorsy options such as horse riding, cycling, hiking and fishing. Seasoned cyclists can … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Batán de las Monjas?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.